Scott G. Hoy
Top rated personal injury attorney in Sioux Falls, South DakotaHoy Law
Scott G. Hoy has extensive trial experience, and he represents clients in Sioux Falls, Mitchell, Yankton, Watertown and Brookings, South Dakota, in a wide range of personal injury matters.
Having more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Hoy has honed his skills in the courtroom, earning a reputation as a formidable opponent to insurers, negligent companies and responsible parties in injury cases. His experience includes motor vehicle accidents, products liability, premises liability, wrongful death and workers’ compensation. Mr. Hoy is also skilled in representing clients in insurance bad faith matters.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts from the University of South Dakota, Mr. Hoy earned his Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 1984. He is admitted to practice law in South Dakota and before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Dakota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Mr. Hoy’s commitment to customer satisfaction and outstanding legal ethics has earned him the respect of his peers and numerous accolades, including admittance into The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 Trial Lawyers, an invitation-only privilege. U.S. News & World Report named his firm as one of the country’s best litigation firms for personal injury.
An active member of the legal community, Mr. Hoy belongs to the American Bar Association, the State Bar of South Dakota, the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, the Trial Lawyer’s College, the American Association for Justice and The National Trial Lawyers’ Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant, Insurance coverage
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Insurance, Bad faith insurance
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 10% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1984, South Dakota
Professional Webpage: https://hoylaw.com/scott-g-hoy.html
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Best Law Firms in South Dakota as published in US News and World Report
- Lead Counsel Rated in the Legal Discipline of Personal Injury Law - Plaintiff, Lead Counsel Rated
- “Bringing Experience to the Table”, 2009
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota, 1984
- Member, Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- South Dakota, 1984
- American Association for Justice and the Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Member, State Bar of South Dakota
- Member, Second Judicial Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1989
- Graduate of Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD, US, B.A., 1981
Office location for Scott G. Hoy
4900 S. Minnesota Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022