Co-founder and owner of Digby Family Law PLC, Sarah Reist Digby represents clients in middle Tennessee, in matters of family law. This includes the following: alimony, divorce, child custody, child support, dependency and neglect actions, LGBT family law issues, termination of parental rights, paternity fraud, mediation, grandparent visitation, prenuptial agreements, pet custody agreements, guardianships, orders of protect and adoption, and basic will packages.
Ms. Digby is admitted to practice in the state of Tennessee and has almost a decade of experience in family law. She attended Indiana University Bloomington, where she graduated with honors and a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and Psychology. At Vanderbilt University Law School, she was a member of the Moot Court Board, a participant in the Moot Court Competition and a judge for the Mock Trial and First Amendment Competitions. While earning her Juris Doctor, she was the Student Notes Editor of the Vanderbilt University Journal of Transnational Law.
A member of the Tennessee Bar Association, she is actively involved with the organization’s Young Lawyers Division. Ms. Digby is also a member of the Nashville Bar Association and the Family Law Committee Executive Council for the Tennessee Bar Association. During her career, she has taught in seminars and classes for first year law students, and the Solo/Small Firm Committee of the Nashville Bar Association.
She is actively involved in giving back to her community and is a member of the Law and Business Society. A volunteer for the Youth Court program, she is also a member of Women Own Business, a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate, a member of the Legal Aid Society and co-chair of the Class Gift Fundraising Committee.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2013, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: http://digbyfamilylaw.com/who-we-are/sarah-reist-digby/
- Presenter, Family Law, Nashville Bar Association Solo/Small Firm Committee
- Student Notes Editor, Vanderbilt University Journal of Transnational Law
- Presenter, Family Law, Belmont Family Law Panel
- Member, Women Own Business
- Wills for Heroes
- Co-Chair, Class Gift Fundraising Committee, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Member, Legal Aid Society, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Member, Law and Business Society, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Tennessee Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Executive Council
- National Association of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Under 40, 2015
- Superb Rating, Avvo
- American Jurist Institute named Sarah one of the Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Tennessee, 2017
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 in the State of Tennessee, 2017
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2016 - 2017
- Judge, Mock Trial and First Amendment Competitions, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Ten Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, American Institute Of Family Law Attorneys
- Participant, Moot Court Competition, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Member, Moot Court Board, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Indiana University, Major, Criminal Justice and Psychology, Honors: Dean’s List, with Honors
Office location for Sarah Digby
5123 Virginia Way
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022