Top rated Family Law attorney in Brentwood, TennesseeWidrig Law, PLLC
Tarsila Crawford works for the Widrig Law PLLC located in Nashville, Lebanon and Brentwood. She serves clients throughout Middle Tennessee, including Davidson County, Maury County, Robertson County, Rutherford County, Sumner County and Wilson County. Representing clients from her office in Brentwood, she is a family law attorney who focuses on divorce, custody and visitation, annulment, father’s visitation rights and juvenile law.
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Ms. Crawford is trilingual in English, Spanish and Portuguese, enabling her to work with a diverse range of clients. She strives to end things amicably in most family law matters, but she is also well-aware that in some cases, aggressive action is needed to reach a resolution. She is a compassionate attorney helping her clients navigate the legal proceedings with their best interests in mind.
Ms. Crawford has completed Rule 31 Family Mediation Training, which allows her to mediate cases in Middle Tennessee. She assists clients from the law offices of Widrig Law PLLC, and she also travels to the office of the hosting attorney or offers online mediation sessions. She holds a “Very Good” rating on Avvo for her quality legal representation and professionalism.
Licensed to practice since 2008 in Tennessee and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Ms. Crawford earned her Juris Doctor from the Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law. While there, she excelled as the vice president of the Student Bar Association and took part in the American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition. Prior to law school, she obtained her bachelor’s with a double major in political science and Portuguese cum laude from the University of Florida.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Crawford is a member of the following associations:
- Rutherford & Cannon County Bar Association
- Sumner County Bar Association
- Immigrant Child Advocacy Network
- Brazilian Studies Association
- Brazilian American Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
She spends her spare time offering pro bono services through organizations such as the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and The Cumberlands, Tennessee Justice for Our Neighbors, and the Tennessee Immigrant & Refugee Rights Coalition. In addition, she serves as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for Wilson County, and volunteers at the Juvenile Court of Metropolitan Nashville & Davidson County. She is also a member of the Nashville Breastfeeding Coalition.
Practice areasFamily Law
Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2008, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.widriglaw.com/tarsila-crawford.html
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, Bachelors of Arts in Portuguese, cum laude GPA: 3.6, Honors: President of the Brazilian’ Student Association, Presidential Award for Excellence in the study of Portuguese, May 2005
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, Bachelors of Arts in Political Science, May 2005, cum laude GPA: 3.6, Certificate in Latin American Studies May 2005, Honors: Michael Hauptman Medal for Excellence in Portuguese, Spring 2005, Presidential Recognition in Portuguese, Spring 2004, Dean’s List, Spring 2004 and Spring 2005
- In Re: Madilene G.R., Court of Appeals of Tennessee at Nashville, November 27, 2012, Appeal from the Chancery Court for Rutherford County, No. M2012-01178-COA-R3-PT
- In re Jonathan S., No. M2018-02072-COA-R3-JV (Tenn. Ct. App. December 12, 2019)
- In re Jonathan S., No. M2016-01365-COA-R3-JV (Tenn. Ct. App. July 24, 2017)
- In Re: K.B., Court of Appeals of Tennessee at Nashville, June 28, 2012, Appeal from the Chancery Court for Rutherford County, No. M2011-01396-COA-R3-PT
- Certified Listed Rule 31 Mediator, 2018
- Certified, Special Training in Domestic Violence Issues for Mediators, 2022
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney for Legal Aid Society Clinic at Casa Azafrin
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney for Tennessee Immigrants and Refugee Rights Coalition
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney for Tennessee Justice of our Neighbors
- Elite Eight American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition, Barry University School of Law, 2007
- Student Bar Association Vice President, Fall 2005-Spring 2006, Barry University School of Law
- Sweet Sixteen American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition, Barry University School of Law, 2008
Office location for Tarsila Crawford
101 Westpark Dr
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023