Michael K. Williamson
Top Rated Creditor Debtor Rights Attorney in Clarksville, TN
Attorney Michael K. Williamson is the founder and owner of The Law Office of Michael K. Williamson in Clarksville, Tennessee. A highly rated attorney with more than 36 years of legal experience, Mr. Williamson represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout Montgomery County and the surrounding areas who have complex and pressing legal issues involving family law and divorce as well as criminal defense.
A versatile lawyer and certified as a creditor's rights specialist, Mr. Williamson also has extensive experience with business and commercial law, bankruptcy law, creditor and debtor issues, collections and other related areas.
Well-versed in alternative dispute resolution techniques and serving as a Rule 31 mediator in family and civil law, Mr. Williamson is often able to help his clients resolve their conflicts and find solutions for their disputes without having to resort to costly, time-consuming court battles. However, he is also a tenacious and aggressive trial advocate who always strives to help his clients achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
A 1980 graduate of the University of Albany State University of New York, Mr. Williamson attended Vanderbilt University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1983. The Tennessee Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also licensed to practice in Georgia and Kentucky.
A consummate professional, Mr. Williamson is very active in his legal community. He is a member of the Montgomery County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Tennessee Association for Justice, the Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, among his other professional affiliations.
In addition, he is an active member of his local Better Business Bureau as well as the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, and he serves on the board of directors of the Ajax Turner Senior Citizens Center.
- 60%Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 20%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 20%Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2016, 2019 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
About Michael K. Williamson
First Admitted: 1983, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.clarksvilletnlaw.com/michael-k-williamson/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Board Of Directors, Ajax Turner Senior Citizens Center
- Member, Better Business Bureau
- Rule 31 Mediator in Family or Civil Law
- Member, Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators
- Member, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Member, Tennessee Association for Justice
- Kentucky, 2005
- Member, American Bar Association
- Tennessee, 1983
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Georgia, 1983
- Certified Creditor's Rights Specialist
- Super Lawyer since 2009
- State University of New York, Albany, New York, B.A., 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022