Judy A. Oxford
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Franklin, TN
Attorney Judy A. Oxford maintains her office in Franklin, Tennessee. A top-ranked trial and transactional lawyer with more than 33 years of total legal experience, Ms. Oxford provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Middle Tennessee who have legal need involving any of the following practice areas:
· Family law and divorce
· Custody and visitation
· Litigation and appeals
· Probate and estate administration
· Criminal defense
· Business law
A well-rounded attorney, Ms. Oxford has extensive experience with real estate law, guardianship and conservatorships, orders of protection and restraining orders, and many other areas of law after many years in private practice, and a few years at the state's Attorney General's Office and an in-house attorney for a major manufacturing company. Drawing upon her vast legal knowledge and broad range of experience, she is able to address many legal issues her clients are facing with the highest level of competence, continuing to strive for excellence, and she has gained a reputation as one of the top 2.5% of lawyers in her region.
Involved in her legal community, Ms. Oxford as of 2021 is Chair of the District 6 Investigating Committee for the Tennessee Board of Law Examiners, and has served as a Rule 31 Listed Family Law Attorney in Tennessee since 1997. She continues her active membership with the Tennessee John Marshall American Inns of Court. She has served as president, vice president, and secretary of the Williamson County Bar Association; as chair of committees and former treasurer of the Lawyer’s Association for Women – Nashville; and as former secretary of the Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women.
Along with the high peer review rankings she has received, Ms. Oxford has earned recognition by Lawyers of Distinction, and received the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction Award from American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys from 2014 to 2015. She has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1981 graduate of Belmont University, Ms. Oxford obtained her Juris Doctor from Vanderbilt University Law School in 1987, where she was an active participant in the Intramural Appellate Advocacy Competition, and she served as research assistant to Professors James W. Ely, Jr. and Donald J. Hall. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
About Judy A. Oxford
First Admitted: 1987, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.judyoxfordlaw.com/attorney/
- recognized in 2020 and 2021, Lawyers of Distinction
- , 10 Best – Client Satisfaction Award from American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2014-2015
- Participated in Intramural Appellate Advocacy Competition, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Speaker, “The Care and Feeding of the In-House Expert”, Michigan Bar Association, Seminar on Product Liability Issues, 1994
- Speaker, “Retention Letters and Budgets”, Nashville Bar Association Corporate Counsel Committee Meeting, 1994
- Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women, Secretary 1995-1997, Member of Convention Planning Committee 1992
- Williamson County Bar Association, President 2001-2002, Vice-President 1999-2000, Secretary 1998-1999
- Lawyer’s Association for Women – Nashville, Treasurer 1992-1993, Chair of Banquet Committee 1993, Chair of New Admitted Breakfast Committee 1991
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee, 1987
- American Bar Association
- The Tennessee John Marshall American Inns of Court since 2012
- Board of Law Examiners of Tennessee, District 6, Member, District Investigating Committee since 2003, Chair 2014-2021
- Belmont University, Nashville, Tennessee, B.S. in Chemistry and minor in Math, Honors: Dean’s List for Six Semesters, Alpha Chi Honor Society, Blue Key National Honor Fraternity and Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- Rule 31 Listed Family, Tennessee, since 1997
- I'm at the Vanderbilt baseball game watching my favorite player, Tony Kemp. #Dores!
- Please blast all your friends one more time to Vote for Judy for Judge on Tues Mar 6th!!
- Come meet me at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Mar 3, at Westhaven! Vote Judy for Judge on March 6!
- Listen to the candidate forum on WAKM 950 am at 8:00 a.m. Friday Mar 2. Vote Judy for Judge on Mar 6th!
- Email me a picture of you or group holding my sign (or make one). Send picture to Facebook. Be creative! Prizes for my fav! Judy for Judge!
Last Updated: 5/15/2022