David M. Waldrop
Top rated Family Law attorney in Germantown, TennesseeThe Waldrop Firm P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in Tennessee since: 1988
David M. Waldrop is the founder of The Waldrop Firm, P.C. Located in Germantown, Tennessee, he focuses his practice primarily on family law matters, representing clients throughout the state as well as in Mississippi. Admitted to practice in both states, Mr. Waldrop is also admitted to practice in Arkansas as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
In his family law practice, Mr. Waldrop has represented people whose marriages have broken down and who are now dealing with issues such as property division, child and spousal support, and parenting time arrangements. He advocates on their behalf in court when negotiations have broken down and litigation proves to be necessary. Mr. Waldrop’s other family law experience has encompassed the preparation and review of prenuptial and postmarital agreements, and he has assisted clients who have already gotten a divorce and who are now attempting to have existing parenting and support court orders modified or enforced.
Outside of his family law practice, Mr. Waldrop assists clients with the preparation and review of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents. He also represents clients whose insurance claims have been denied or delayed in bad faith by their insurers. In this regard, Mr. Waldrop draws on his previous experience as an insurance defense attorney in order to anticipate the types of tactics that he might encounter in his current coverage practice. A member of several professional organizations, he is a 1988 graduate of The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law.
Practice areasFamily Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1988, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.davidwaldrop.com/attorney/david-m-waldrop/
- Germantown Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Memphis Oral School of the Deaf, Board
- Jimmy Whittington Lumber Co. v. Johnson Development, Inc., 1994 WL 499049, 1994, Tenn Ct App
- First Investment Company v. Allstate Insurance Co., 917 S.W. 2d 229, 1994, Tenn Ct. App, 1996071216
- Citizens for Collierville, Inc. vs. Town of Collierville, 977 S. W. 2d 321, 1998, Tenn Ct App
- Laird v. Doyle, 1998 WL 74258, 1998, Tenn Ct App
- Allstate Indemnity v. Derrick Fifer, 47 F. Supp 2d 913, 1998, U.S. Dist. Ct. W.D., 1999115605
- University of Memphis, B.B.A., 1984
- Town of Collierville Planning Commission, Chairman, 1999 to Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1988
- Tennessee, 1988
- Family Law
Office location for David M. Waldrop
9032 Stone Walk Place
Germantown, TN 38138
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023