David A. Burkhalter, II
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Knoxville, TN
For more than 39 years, David A. Burkhalter, II, a partner at The Burkhalter Law Firm, P.C., has been aggressively and passionately advocating for his clients in Knoxville, Tennessee. Mr. Burkhalter divides his legal practice between the areas of employment law and plaintiff's personal injury law, with representative matters involving employment discrimination, whistleblower and False Claims Act cases, products liability, and motor vehicle accidents.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science with honors from the University of Tennessee in 1973, Mr. Burkhalter went on to attend the University of Tennessee College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1976. While in law school, he was a member of the Tennessee Law Review and was honored with membership in the Order of the Coif. Admitted to practice in Tennessee, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Over his many years of practice, Mr. Burkhalter has earned recognition from his fellow professionals for his track record and high ethics. A recipient of an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, he has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 1993.
Mr. Burkhalter has been certified as a civil trial specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1995. Dedicated to his profession, Mr. Burkhalter is a member of multiple legal organizations. His memberships include the American, Tennessee and Knoxville bar associations, the Tennessee Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice and the National Employment Lawyers Association.
**AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 60%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Employment & Labor
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Whistleblower
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
About David A. Burkhalter, II
First Admitted: 1976
Professional Webpage: https://www.burkhalterlaw.com/david-a-burkhalter/
- Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a specialist in Civil Trial Advocacy
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- The Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- The Trial Lawyers For Public Justice, Member
- The National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 1993
- Recipient of the Tennessee Bar Association - Justice Joseph W. Henry Award for Outstanding Legal Writing, 1995
- False Claim Act/Whistleblower Cases
Last Updated: 5/15/2022