G. Jeff Cherry
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Lebanon, TN
G. Jeff Cherry is an attorney at Lowery, Lowery & Cherry, PLLC, in Lebanon, Tennessee. A former police officer, Mr. Cherry dedicates his practice to criminal defense law, representing Tennessee residents charged with crimes ranging from misdemeanors to felonies.
Mr. Cherry handles criminal cases throughout the counties in middle Tennessee. He regularly represents clients in cases involving driving under the influence. In addition, he has successfully represented individuals charged with sexual offenses. He is knowledgeable and up to date on the rules and regulations of the Tennessee Sex Offender Registry.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Cherry has litigated many significant criminal cases at the trial and appellate levels. He is eligible to practice before all Tennessee state courts and the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals.
Along with his practice, Mr. Cherry is an active member of his legal community. He belongs to the American Association for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is a former president of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association.
In honor of his accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Cherry an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest available rating from the well-known organization and is bestowed upon attorneys possessing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Cherry obtained a bachelor’s degree from Middle Tennessee State University and received his law degree from Nashville School of Law. He is also a graduate and former teacher at the Metro Police Training Academy. He earned his license to practice law in Tennessee in 2001.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About G. Jeff Cherry
First Admitted: 2001
Professional Webpage: https://www.lowerylaw.com/attorneys/jeff-cherry/
- WorkHorse Award, Mr. Cherry received the WorkHorse Award for his work at the Tennessee Legislature on behalf of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, TACDL, 2015
- Awardee, Exemplary Service Award
- TOP GUN Award, Metro Nashville Training Academy
- 1st Degree Murder Trial in Macon County, Tennessee. Client was found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, 2017
- Trainer of Police Officers, P.O.S.T.
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar, 2001
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - President, 2018 - 2019, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 15th Judicial District Bar Association, Member
- Middle Tennessee University, B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration, 1990
Last Updated: 8/6/2022