Melanie R. Bean
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Lebanon, TN
A partner at Lannon & Williams in Lebanon, Tennessee, Melanie R. Bean heads the firm’s family law practice and also handles civil and criminal law matters. Her clients based in and around Nashville metropolitan area, Lebanon and Mount Juliet benefit from high-quality solutions that are tailored to their personal and often challenging situations.
The efficiency, tenacity and capacity to aggressively tackle cases head-on have enabled Ms. Bean to influence people’s lives positively, as she is focused on their long-term well-being and peace of mind. Her passion for redressing injustice and pursuing government oppression always drives her to apply a personal touch to handling cases that require attention to detail, critical thinking and vigorous pretrial motion practice.
A Juris Doctor graduate of the Stetson University College of Law, Ms. Bean was felicitated with the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award for all her volunteering activities. She obtained her bachelor’s degree in business administration and criminal justice from Cumberland University, receiving the Raymond Cleveland Award in Social Science. She was an active participant in the Beta Gamma Sigma and the Alpha Phi Sigma honor societies.
Serving her alma mater, Cumberland University, as an adjunct professor teaching constitutional and criminal law, Ms. Bean inculcates the same high standard of hard work she employs while helping people in the legal arena. Her legal skills have earned her several awards and recognitions, including The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 and the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Stars of Light Award, Workhorse Award and the Robert W. Ritchie Award, among others.
Ms. Bean is a board member of the Court Appointed Special Advocate Program, the hearing committee member of the Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee and the legislative committee co-chair and board member of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Besides acting as a moderator in conferences, she has also published articles in legal journals.
- 30%General Litigation
- 50%Family Law
- 20%Criminal Defense
Restraining Order, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Paternity, Marital Property, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Failure to Pay Child Support, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
About Melanie R. Bean
First Admitted: 2003, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://lannomwilliams.com/attorneys/melanie-bean/
- Hearing Committee Member for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, 2010-2018
- 2013 Distinguished Young Alumni award, Cumberland University
- “Top 40 Under 40” attorney, Top 100 Trial Attorneys organization
- Named Mid-South Super Lawyer’s “Rising Star”
- Rob W. Ritchie Award, Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Pro bono/Community Service
- Wisconsin Innocence Project, 2010
- CASA - Wilson County, 2009
- I testified to U.S. Commission on Civil Rights #civilforfeiture is government sanctioned theft! Your thoughts? https://t.co/4iiIagSMtK
- Great reporting! @kevincorke #FoxNews
- IT’s your #ITbrowpower! Learn how to get beautiful eyebrows with @itcosmetics. #entry - https://t.co/7PPmA972Z7 https://t.co/5bBHRzjvdl
- "Attorneys Play Important Role In Public Relations" by @LannomWilliams on @LinkedIn https://t.co/VvZodyzCmI
- https://t.co/NY8SFD003L https://t.co/KeHOjKc4xu
Last Updated: 6/14/2022