Barbara G. Medley
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Lewisburg, TennesseeMedley & Spivy
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Family Law, Medical Malpractice
Licensed in Tennessee since: 1990
Barbara G. Medley, a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, Practices in the Lewisburg, Tennessee Law Firm of Medley and Spivy. She practices in the areas of personal injury, medical negligence and family law.
Significant Personal Injury Cases:
Largest verdict: $5,562,080.62 (Wickberg v. Claudia Andrews, MD, In the Circuit Court for Maury County Tennessee at Columbia. Case # 9085)
Church v. Perales 39 S.W. 3d 149 (Tenn Ct. App. 2000) Legal precedent cited in two Tennessee Pattern Jury Instructions T.P.I. 6.15 Duty to not Abandon Patient and T.P.I. 6.16 Medical Negligence-Referring Patient.
Tryon v. Saturn Corp, 254 S.W.3d 321 (Tenn. 2008) Worker's Compensation precedent as to what constitutes a meaningful return to work.
First Admitted: 1990, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.medleyandspivy.com/barbara.html
- Marshall County, Tennessee and Lewisburg Printing Company
- Law School: Moot Court Board; Recipient of American Jurisprudence Awards in Trial Advocacy and Decedents Estates Tennessee Bar Association--Former Member House of Delegates, Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women- Former Middle Tennessee Director-at-Large Hearing committee Member for the Board of Professional Responsibility-appointed by the Tennessee Supreme Court for 2 terms from 2002 until 2008 Admitted to practice before all Tennessee State Courts, Tennessee Supreme Court, Tennessee Court of Appeals, Tennessee Federal District Courts (all Divisions), Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Ms. Medley graduated with Honors from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. She received her law degree from The University of Memphis in 1989 where she was a justice on the Moot Court Board and a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Awards in Trial Advocacy and Decedents Estates.
- Largest Verdict: Wickberg v. Claudia Andrews, MD, Maury County TN Circuit Case No 9085 (5.5 million dollar Plaintiff's verdict). Reported Cases: Earl Douglas Tryon v. Saturn Corporation 254 SW3d 321 (Tenn 2008). Church v. Perales 39 SW3d 149 (Tenn Ct App 2000) Kenneth Polly v. Saturn Corporation No.M 2006-00488-WC-R3-CV Supreme Court of TN Special Workers compensation Appeals Panel at Nashville. Other Notable Verdicts and Settlements: Danielle Marie Snyder v. General Electric Healthcare, Inc, United States District Court Middle District of TN No. 3:07-0290. Melinda Filipovich v. Teva Pharmaceuticals, United States District Court Middle District of TN No. 1:09-CV-0045. Doris Rollins v. Bedford County et al United States District Court Eastern District of TN No 4:10-CV-78. Morton v. Andrew Sisk, MD Maury Co TN Circuit No 10529. Bilbrey v. W. Stephen Long, MD, Davidson Co Tn Circuit No 02C-1029. Burgess v. Advanced Surfaces, Inc. Davidson Co TN Circuit No 04C3459. Davis v. NHC, Williamson Co TN Circuit No 02163. Pylant v. John Brown, MD, Maury Co TN Circuit No 11253. Porter Oliver v. Connie Powers, Marshall Co TN Circuit.
- Ms. Medley is a member of the Marshall County, Tennessee and American Bar Associations. She formerly served on the Tennessee Bar Association's House of Delegates for the 17th Judicial District, the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Lawyers' Association for Women serving as the Middle Tennessee Director-At-Large and was a Hearing Panel Member for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility.
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trail Advocacy. Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization., 2000
- National Board Of Trial Advocacy
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023