Chasity Sharp Grice
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Memphis, TennesseeThe Estate and Family Law Group, PLLC
Chasity Sharp Grice is the attorney behind the Memphis, Tennessee, law firm of Chasity S. Grice, Attorney at Law. She has been licensed since 2017 and is licensed to practice law in Texas and Tennessee. As an estate planning attorney, she has over fifteen years of experience providing counsel and guidance to clients during their vulnerable times.
Ms. Grice tailors each estate plan according to the needs and best interests of her clients and assists with matters such as estate planning, probate and estate administration, guardianships and conservatorships, Medicaid and elder care planning, advance health care directives, last wills and testaments, business succession planning and quiet title actions.
Licensed to practice in Tennessee and Texas, Ms. Grice graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Clark Atlanta University in 2004. While there, she was part of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority and the senior chair of the Atlanta University Center Consortium. Later in 2007, she earned her Juris Doctor with a concentration in transactional tax planning from the University of Tennessee College of Law. She was a member of the Black Law Students Association and a semifinalist of the Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition.
A District Representative of the Tennessee Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Ms. Grice holds memberships and leadership positions at many professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Memphis Bar Association and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).
Ms. Grice has been honored in many ways for her excellent client service, commitment and professionalism. She was listed in the Top 40 Under 40 – Nation’s Best Advocates by the National Bar Association. She has received an “Excellent” peer review rating on Avvo along with many positive reviews and referrals from those she served.
Prior to starting her own firm, Ms. Grice served as an attorney at several other Tennessee law firms. She worked as an adjunct professor at The University of Memphis where she taught family law, estates, trusts and probate law. She was invited as a substitute judge for the Shelby County Probate Court and nominated as a fellow of ACTEC.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Estate & trust litigation, Elder law
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Will contests
- 30% Estate planning & probate
- 50% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Elder law
First Admitted: 2007, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://memphisprobatelaw.com/about-the-attorney
- Adjunct Professor, University of Memphis, Family Law and Estates, Trusts, and Probate Law
- Substitute Judge for the Shelby County Probate Court
- American Bar Foundation, Current Fellow
- American Bar Association Real Property Trust & Estate section, Former Trusts and Estates Fellow
- The awards recognize the nation’s top lawyers under the age 40 who exemplify a broad range of high achievement in the legal field, including in advocacy, innovation, vision, leadership and overall legal and community involvement. Each of our 40 Under 40 award recipients possesses remarkable intellect and a professional drive that enhances the future of our profession., Top 40 Under 40 - Nation’s Best Advocates, National Bar Association, 2017
- "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2017 - 2019
- Tennessee, 2009
- American Bar Association's Commission on Law and Aging, Commissioner
- Tennessee Bar Association, Continuing Education Committee, Member
- Texas, 2007
- Memphis Bar Association, Estate planning and probate section
- American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel- Young Leader, 2019
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Division Real Property, Trusts and Estates Committee, Co-Chair, 2016
- Tennessee Bar Association Western Governor, 2013
- Clark Atlanta University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, English, 2004
- The University of Tennessee College of Law Focus in Transactional Tax Planning, 2007
- Western New England, LL.M. in Elder Law and Estate Planning, 2019
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), 2021, 2021
Office location for Chasity Sharp Grice
1755 Lynnfield Rd
Memphis, TN 38119
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022