Craig V. Morton
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Memphis, TN
Attorney Craig V. Morton is the co-founder, partner and owner of the Morton & Germany, PLLC, law firm located in Memphis, Tennessee.
A highly rated attorney with 26 years of legal experience, Mr. Morton devotes his practice to helping those who suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to the negligence or wrongdoing of others. In addition to handling all types of personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death claims, Mr. Morton also provides effective criminal defense strategies for those charged with any type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
Devoting the majority of his practice to litigation, Mr. Morton advocates strongly on behalf of those he serves in order to help them recover the maximum amount of compensation for the damages they incurred. Likewise, he fights hard to protect the rights and liberties of the accused in order to mitigate any potential penalties they may face and preserve their freedom.
From this high level of commitment to his clients' needs, Mr. Morton has received numerous awards and honors throughout his career, and he holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* rating.
A 1988 graduate of the University of Memphis, Mr. Morton returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law in 1991. The Tennessee Bar Association and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee admitted him to practice that same year.
He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, the Western District of Texas and the Eastern District of Missouri, as well as the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 6th Circuits.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50%Criminal Defense
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2021
About Craig V. Morton
First Admitted: 1991
Professional Webpage: http://www.mortongermany.com/www.mortongermany.com/About-Mor...
- Member-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- • Mississippi Municipal Courts of Coahoma County
- • Mississippi Municipal Courts of Desoto County
- • Mississippi Circuit Court at Sardis
- • Mississippi Circuit Court at Tunica
- • Mississippi Circuit Court at Coldwater
- • Mississippi Circuit Court at Hernando
- • Mississippi Circuit Court at Batesville
- • Arkansas Circuit Court at Blytheville
- • Arkansas Circuit Court at Jonesboro
- • Arkansas Circuit Court at Paragould
- • United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- • United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- • United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- USMC, 1981 - 1985
- Memphis Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1991
- Tennessee, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit , 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas,, 2008
- University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, B.A., 1988
Last Updated: 5/15/2022