Joanne (Jodi) L. Black
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Memphis, TN
Jodi Black is an attorney with the Morgan & Morgan law firm, where she works out of the firm's office in Memphis, Tennessee. Licensed to practice in Kentucky and Arkansas as well as Tennessee, Ms. Black focuses her practice almost exclusively on medical malpractice. She has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those who suffered an injury or loss as the result of substandard or negligent health care.
A native of Canada, Ms. Black earned her Bachelor of Science in nursing from the University of Manitoba in 1992. Her experience as a critical care nurse enables her to better address the medical issues with her clients' cases, allowing her to provide an unmatched level of counsel and support. Early in her legal career, she worked as a medical malpractice defense attorney, so she has a unique ability to devise the most effective strategies possible to help her plaintiff clients recover the full amount of compensation they deserve.
Since focusing on plaintiff medical malpractice claims, Ms. Black has secured millions of dollars for her clients in state, circuit and federal courts across her region. She is also a highly compassionate attorney who remains accessible to her clients to address their questions and concerns as they arise. Dedicated to pursuing the most favorable outcomes for those she serves, Ms. Black gives each case she handles the utmost effort. She has earned numerous accolades from her peers along with positive testimonials from her many satisfied clients.
Ms. Black obtained her Juris Doctor from The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law in 2004, graduating cum laude. While in law school, she was heavily involved with the University of Memphis Law Review, and she received a listing in the Who’s Who in American Law Schools.
A leader in her field, Ms. Black has conducted numerous lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to medical malpractice and tort reform. She is also an active member of the Tennessee Bar Association and the Tennessee Association for Justice, among her other professional affiliations.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Rising Stars: 2015
About Joanne (Jodi) L. Black
First Admitted: 2005, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/joanne-jodi-l-black/
- Tennessee Association for Justice, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Named a Rising Star in the most recent edition of Super Lawyers
- Who’s Who in American Law Schools, University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- University of Memphis Law Review, Member, University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Taught seminars about medical malpractice and tort reform at the Bench Bar Conference
- Trentham v. Williams, 2016
- Alicia Smith, Derrick Connell, Rick Block, @MattMorganESQ & Max Karric just won a $7,167,345.00 verdict for their… https://t.co/lIEn73nuvJ
- Attorneys Jonathan Rabinowitz, Luke Mitcheson & Garrett Lee joined our friends from the Massachusetts AFL-CIO for G… https://t.co/1rM5rbDkz6
- #VerdictAlert! Mike Smith, Raissa Booze and Chris Hinckley just received a $921,172.05 verdict for their client in… https://t.co/4hep6lUPJ2
- Hard work always pays off 💪 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/ThHBgr2fo4
- @orlandoribbons @JohnMorganESQ Thank you for doing this for the Orlando community! Our employees will… https://t.co/POuuJEXJtY
Last Updated: 6/23/2021