Jonathan Louis May
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Memphis, TN
A workers’ compensation attorney with Morgan & Morgan, Jonathan Louis May represents clients across Tennessee. Throughout his career, Mr. May has also handled cases involving truck and car accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, bad faith actions and insurance denials in both federal and state courts throughout Tennessee. In 2017, he was acknowledged for his service as a small-business owner, an attorney and sports media contributor by the Memphis Business Journal, who named him in Top 40 Under 40 list.
With a Bachelor of Arts, Mr. May graduated in 2004 from the University of Alabama. He then attended the University of Tennessee College of Law where he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor in 2008. In addition to Tennessee and Arkansas state courts, Mr. May is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
Mr. May is a Past President of the Young Lawyers Division of the Memphis Bar Association, after serving several years as a member of its Board of Directors. In 2015, he graduated from the Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law (TBALL), and subsequently served on the TBALL steering committee from 2017 to 2021. Mr. May was also previously involved with the Order of Barristers and Phi Alpha Delta.
Mr. May and his wife live in Germantown, Tennessee with their three children. Mr. May helped start a clothing company, 901 Collection, in Memphis to celebrate the community. The company also raises money for charities such as Shelby Farms Park Conservancy, Youth Villages, Mid-South Spay and Neuter, West Cancer Center and the Mid-South Food Bank. From 2013-2016, Mr. May hosted a show on Sports 56 in Memphis, focused primarily on the NBA and Memphis Grizzlies.
About Jonathan Louis May
First Admitted: 2008, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/jonathan-louis-may/
- Certified as a civil mediator under Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31
- Robert F. Wagner National Labor & Employment Moot Court team, Member, University of Tennessee
- Order of Barristers, University of Tennessee
- American Association for Justice Mock Trial Team, Member, University of Tennessee
- Top 40 Under 40, Memphis Business Journal, 2017
- Mid-South SuperLawyers® Rising Star 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Ridgeway High School
- B.A., University of Alabama, December 2004
- TBALL steering committee, Member, 2017-2019
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Board of Directors, Memphis Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2014
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- President, Memphis Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2016
- Vice-President, Memphis Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2012
- Graduate, Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law 2015
- Arkansas, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2008
- Tennessee, 2008
- Weatherspoon v. Minard, No. W2015-01099-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. Ct. App. Dec. 14, 2015).
- Bourland, Heflin, Alvarez, Minor & Matthews v. Rodney Heaton and Margaret Heaton and Loeb Properties, 393 S.W.3d 671 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2012)
- Keep moving ⏩ #MorganMotivation #MondayMotivation https://t.co/QjJhg0HVwW
- Bangin. https://t.co/52GFcqugyO
- @jasonkersey Don’t worry, you won’t need the blue book after school. You’re going to cite like 3 sources over and over and over.
- @TShook27 @memphisrunners It’s fine, just intensely uninteresting to run through it.
- @TJfromTWlTTER Not the tagalongs
- @DonatiRobert https://t.co/rIzGg7w7zF
- Where we droppin https://t.co/4FCDj83cp4
- Another #VERDICTALERT!! Dillon Brozyna, Bryce Spano and Keith Mitnik just won a $752,000.00 verdict for our client… https://t.co/1A60Aff7JG
- @MattMorganESQ has been #ForThePeople forever 💯 #TBT https://t.co/zbzhGCTTRC
- #VerdictAlert: Another verdict for the Morgan & Morgan team this week! Congratulations to Jon Hawk for receiving a… https://t.co/WZuUemNPeg
Last Updated: 6/23/2022