Top rated personal injury attorney in Memphis, TennesseeRosenblum & Reisman, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Civil rights; view more
Licensed in Tennessee since: 2006
Matthew May is an attorney with the highly respected law firm Rosenblum & Reisman, P.C., in Memphis, Tennessee. As a member of the Memphis Bar Association and the Tennessee Bar Association, Mr. May focuses his practice on defending the rights and entitlements of his clients throughout Tennessee who face legal issues and challenges related to personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, suicide claims, civil rights, criminal defense, and sports and anti-doping laws.
Mr. May attended the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law where he graduated magna cum laude. Actively involved with several associations and organizations while in law school, Mr. May served as production manager for the Tennessee Journal of Practice & Procedure as well as president of the Christian Legal Society. He was also an orientation leader and commencement chairman for the Student Bar Association and a student member of the Leo Bearman Sr. American Inn of Court.
While attending law school, Mr. May was also presented with several awards and recognitions, including the Dean's Distinguished Service Award, the Robert and Elaine Hoffman Memorial Fellowship and a mention in the Who's Who Among Students. Attorney May also served as a law clerk for several law firms in Memphis and Jackson, Tennessee, and served an externship with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee under the Honorable Judge Jon Phipps McCalla.
When not practicing law, Mr. May is an accomplished trombone player and has performed with the Germantown Symphony Orchestra and The New Memphis Hepcats swing band. He coaches the Briarcrest High School Mock Trial Team and is a board member of the University of Memphis Band Alumni Chapter. Mr. May also volunteers for soup kitchens and other philanthropic causes in his community.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Civil rights
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Americans with disabilities act, Police misconduct, Disability
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Civil rights
First Admitted: 2006, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.rosenblumandreisman.com/attorney/matthew-t-may
- The University of Memphis, B.M., Major: Music History
- Super Lawyers - Rising Stars
- Who's Who Among Students
- Dean's Distinguished Service Award
- Robert and Elaine Hoffman Memorial Fellowship
- Magna cum laude, Law School Student Ambassador and Orientation Leader, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Student Member, Leo Bearman Sr. American Inn of Court and Top 10% of his Class, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Law Journal: Tennessee Journal of Practice and Procedure, Production Manager, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Hon. Judge Jon Phipps McCalla of the U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, Externship
- Student Bar Association, Commencement Chairman, 2006
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Briarcrest High School Mock Trial Team, Coach
- President, Christian Legal Society
- Germantown Symphony Orchestra, Principal trombone player
- Member, The New Memphis Hepcats Swing Band
- University of Memphis Band Alumni Chapter, Board member
Office location for Matthew May
6070 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2019