Peter Gee, Jr.
Top rated personal injury attorney in Memphis, TennesseeMorgan & Morgan
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Workers' compensation; view more
Licensed in Tennessee since: 2001
The effects of a personal injury can be devastating. As an attorney at Morgan & Morgan, Peter Byron Gee Jr. knows the physical, emotional and financial toll events such as nursing home abuse, medical malpractice and wrongful death can have on an entire family. He takes his job to represent clients in Memphis, Tennessee, seriously, and he aggressively pursues compensation on their behalf.
At the start of every case, Mr. Gee takes the time to listen to a client's story. He makes it a goal to give people the clarity and confidence regarding how the matter may progress, answering their questions promptly. Treating every case as though it will go to trial, he meticulously prepares an argument that involves expert testimony, medical records, a thorough timeline of events and any other details that will support securing a favorable outcome.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Gee has obtained monetary awards for numerous clients through settlements and verdicts. Thanks to his commitment to justice, he has earned the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Gee's passion for helping others is rooted in his education. After earning a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, in 1995, he went on to receive a Juris Doctor from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law in 2001.
Today, Mr. Gee spends his time advocating for clients and serving as a member of legal organizations that include the Tennessee Bar Association, the Memphis Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice before the local, state and federal courts in Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Medical malpractice
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 2001, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: http://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/peter-byron-gee-jr/
- All Federal Courts in Arkansas
- Member, Mississippi Bar Association
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- All Federal Courts in Tennessee
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Memphis Bar Association
- Member, Tennessee Association for Justice
- All Federal Courts in Mississippi
- Associate Member, American Inns of Court, Leo Bearman Sr. Chapter, 2003-2005
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Memphis Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- "AV Peer Review" rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- "Rising Star" in the Mid South edition of Super Lawyers
- Recognized as one of the Memphis area's "Outstanding Young Lawyers", Memphis Magazine's Super Lawyer and Rising Star section, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
- The University of Tennessee, B.A., 1995
- Board of Directors, The Exchange Club Family Center of Memphis
- Romine v. Fernandez, 124 S.W.3d 599 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2003), appeal denied, (Dec. 22, 2003)
- Thornton v. Allenbrooke Nursing & Rehab. Ctr., LLC, 2008 WL 2687697 (Tenn. Ct. App. July 3, 2008)
Office location for Peter Gee, Jr.
80 Monroe Ave.
Memphis, TN 38103
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012