Brian C. Winfrey
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Nashville, TN
Brian C. Winfrey is an attorney and head of the employee rights practice group at the law firm of Morgan & Morgan in Nashville, Tennessee. Mr. Winfrey handles all types of employment law matters, including those involving civil rights, discrimination, Fair Labor Standards Act claims, false complaints, workplace retaliation and wrongful termination. He serves clients in Nashville and throughout Tennessee.
Mr. Winfrey has more than a decade of legal experience. Over the course of his career, he has recovered millions of dollars for clients in employment litigation matters. He has extensive trial and arbitration experience. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan PA, he ran his own employee rights law firm and served as a trial attorney for the U.S. Department of Labor.
In recognition of his accomplishments, “The Best Lawyers in America” listed Mr. Winfrey in the 2017 edition for the area of employment law. He is also included on the “top 40 under 40” list by the National Black Lawyers. He uses his acquired knowledge and experience to educate others by regularly speaking on employment and labor topics.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Winfrey serves in various leadership roles in the Tennessee Bar Association. He is a fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation and a member of the Nashville Bar Association, the Napier-Looby Bar Association and the Harry Phillips American Inn of Court.
Mr. Winfrey earned a bachelor’s degree from Middle Tennessee State University. He received his law degree from Vanderbilt Law School and obtained his license to practice law in 2006. He is qualified to appear in all Tennessee state courts.
About Brian C. Winfrey
First Admitted: 2006, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/brian-christopher-win...
- Recognized as a 2017 Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow
- Member of the 2012 TBA Leadership Law Class
- Nashville’s Emerging Leaders
- Listed as one of the Top 40 under 40 by the National Black Lawyers
- Named to the SuperLawyers Mid-South “Rising Star” List every year since 2013
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Selected for inclusion in the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Employment Law – Individuals
- Tennessee Employment Lawyers Association
- Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association’s Board of Governors and Executive Committee
- Harry Phillips Inn of Court
- Executive Board, Tennessee Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section), 2013
- Napier Looby Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Secretary
Pro bono/Community Service
- Nashville Bar Foundation
- Middle Tennessee State University, B.S., 2002
- Thomas v. Marshall County School System, 2017
- Jury Verdict for Plaintiff (Michon v. Western Express), 2015
- “For years we filed claims bills in the Florida Legislature without success – but we never gave up,” Morgan & Morga… https://t.co/m8HvGURQ2u
- Recap of the Plaza Fiesta event hosted by our #Abogados attorneys in ATL! Thank you to the entire community for co… https://t.co/LXWmdc5PZc
- #VerdictAlert: Zach Wiley and Burke Keaty just received a $250,000.00 verdict for their client in a heavily disput… https://t.co/SaOEQ5Boww
- One step at a time 💯 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/vUYUWgUoN6
Last Updated: 5/15/2022