Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Nashville, TN
- Free Consultation
Attorney Brian Cummings is the founder and owner of Cummings Law. Board certified as a medical malpractice attorney by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys and possessing more than 20 years of successful legal experience, Mr. Cummings has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of clients who are dealing with complex personal injury and medical malpractice claims.
Throughout the course of his career, Mr. Cummings has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and awards for his plaintiff clients, including more than $29,000,000.00 in just the past few years, which led to him becoming a Lifetime Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This level of success is the direct result of his unwavering commitment to those he serves coupled with his extensive legal knowledge and aggressive trial and negotiation tactics.
Recognized for this success and his exceptional legal abilities, Mr. Cummings was selected by SuperLawyers for representing plaintiffs for 7 straight years from 2015-2021, and he holds an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, The National Trial Lawyers selected him for inclusion into the Top 100 Trial Attorneys list, and The American Lawyer selected him for inclusion into the list of Best Lawyers in Medical Malpractice.
In 2020, Brian was selected by U.S. Business News as the Best Medical Malpractice Attorney in the Southern United States. This award was earned based on his legal skills and his contributions to the legal profession.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Cummings is a senior fellow with The Litigation Counsel of America. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts in Tennessee and Hawaii, and he is licensed to practice in Tennessee, Hawaii, California, Georgia, and Florida.
Mr. Cummings graduated with honors from Rutgers University in 1995. He then attended Vanderbilt University Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1998.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2021
About Brian Cummings
First Admitted: 1998, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://cummingsinjurylaw.com/about-us/brian-cummings/
- 2020, Best Medical Malpractice Attorney in the Southern United States, U.S. Business News
- 2014-2022, Board Certified in Medical Malpractice, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys (ABPLA)
- 2018-2022, Lifetime Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 2015-2021, Super Lawyer - Medical Malpractice (Plaintiff), SuperLawyers
- 2019, Top 1% of Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 2012-2022, Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- 2015, Best Lawyers in Medical Malpractice, The American Lawyer
- 2017-2019, Top 10 Attorney Award for Tennessee, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA)
- 2016, Elite Lawyer of the South - Medical Malpractice, The National Law Journal
- 2017-2019, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- 2008-2022, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2015-2022, Fellow, Nashville Bar Foundation
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1998
- Rutgers University, B.S., with Honors, 1995, 1995
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
- Tennessee Bar Association, 1998
- Hawaii State Bar Association, 2014
- Litigation Counsel of America - Senior Fellow, 2012
- The Florida Bar, 2010
- The State Bar of Georgia, 2009
- The State Bar of California, 2015
- Nashville Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii, 2016
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 1999
- Board certified in Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, 2014
- In May 2018, Brian was a Featured Speaker at Tennessee's Annual Medical Malpractice Seminar, which is attended by lawyers from TN and the Southeast to learn about current topics, changes, and tactics in Medical Malpractice matters, Tennessee's Annual Medical Malpractice Seminar, Medical Malpractice, 2018
- DiDomenico v. Dr. Terry Witt - $1,100,000.00 verdict in TN a medical malpractice case involving a physician's failure to timely work up and diagnose breast cancer, 2018
- $625,000.00 settlement in a motor vehicle collision case, 2020
- $2,000,000.00 settlement in a wrongful death case involving negligent security at an apartment complex., 2022
- $15,000,000.00 settlement in a medical malpractice case, 2017
- $2,750,000.00 settlement in a medical malpractice case, 2017
- $1,100,000.00 verdict in TN a medical malpractice case (DiDomenico v. Dr. Terry Witt), 2018
- $987,547.00 settlement in a motor vehicle collision case, 2017
- $950,000.00 settlement in a motor vehicle collision case, 2017
- $700,000.00 settlement in a negligent security case (apartment complex), 2019
- $775,000.00 settlement in a medical malpratice case, 2019
- $400,000.00 settlement in a medical malpractice case, 2018
- American Board Of Professional Liability Attorneys (Board Certified In Medical Malpractice)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022