Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Nashville, TennesseeLaw Office of Daniel Clayton
A renowned personal injury attorney throughout the United States, Daniel Clayton works from his eponymous law firm in Nashville, Tennessee, and Tucson, Arizona, representing clients who have sustained injuries or have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another. He has handled many cases related to medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, tractor-trailer accidents and nursing home abuse, winning many million- and multimillion-dollar verdicts.
Practicing law for over 30 years, Mr. Clayton has handled many personal injury and wrongful death cases. He is very compassionate about getting his clients the compensation they deserve to kickstart their recovery process. His empathetic approach toward handling every case ensures his clients are well taken care of and relatively stress-free.
A 1980 B.A. history graduate of Lipscomb University, Mr. Clayton attended the University of Tennessee College of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 1987. During his time in law school, he was a semifinalist at the National Trial Moot Court Competition and received the Supreme Court Justice Lewis Powell Medal of Excellence. He has been rated “Superb” on Avvo and is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest peer-review rating.
Mr. Clayton has had many awards and recognitions bestowed upon him during his venerable career, including:
· The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyer list
· Recognized by Best Lawyers since 2010 and being awarded the organization’s Lawyer of the Year award on seven separate occasions
· Voted Best of The Bar in 2020 and 2021 by Nashville Business Journal.
Mr. Clayton holds memberships in a variety of prominent legal organizations. This includes the Tennessee Bar Association, the Nashville Bar Association, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association. Apart from being a past president of the latter organization, he is the president of the Nashville Bar Foundation and Senior Counsel of the American College of Barristers. Moreover, he is a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Clayton is board-certified in civil pretrial procedure and as a civil trial specialist by the National Board of Trial Specialty and the National Board of Legal Specialty, respectively. He is also board-certified as a medical malpractice specialist by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1987, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.danielclaytonlaw.com/Daniel-L-Clayton-Attorney-a...
- Board Certified Civil Pre-Trial Practice
- Board Certified Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Certified: Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy; Certified: Medical Malpractice Specialist by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Youth Basketball Coach: YMCA, Grassland Athletic Association; West Nashville Sports League
- Treasurer, Franklin Special School District, Board of Education
- Tennessee School Board of the Year: Franklin Special School District Board of Education, 2007
- President: Tennessee Association for Justice (2008)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- President, Nashville Bar Foundation; Board of Trustees
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2021
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2022
- Certified: Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy; Certified: Medical Malpractice Specialist by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys; Certified: Civil Pre Trial Practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- University of Tennessee College of Law, 1987
- $22,400,000.00 million dollar verdict obtained trial team Daniel was a part of in former law firm in case where woman went to hospital for broken leg following an automobile accident and ended up paralyzed from waist down. Federal Court. Chattanooga, Tennessee, 2010
- 2,650,000 verdict. 52 year old woman who had 99.9% acetic acid applied during a colposcopy procedure, instead of a 4% vinegar solution1,800,000 verdict. 62 year old man, undiagnosed tongue cancer. Death.1,600,000 verdict. Collapse of deck at home resulting in back injuries.
- $2,960,000.00 verdict for injuries and death from automobile accident. According to newspaper reports, the largest automobile verdict in Rutherford County history. $1,960,000.00 was awarded to Daniel Clayton's client. 1,005,000 awarded to the Jackson estate, represented by Bill Ramsey., 2014
- 5,000,000.00 jury verdict for death of 22 month old following tick infection. Davidson County, Tennessee Court case. , 2014
- Medical Malpractice - Nashville, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Medical Malpractice - Nashville, Tennessee, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, 2023
- Personal Injury, Nashville, TN, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2022
- 2016 Lawyer of Year - Best Lawyers, Product Liability; Nashville Tennessee's Best Lawyers 2015 Lawyer of the Year in the area of Medical Malpractice. Also named 2012 Lawyer of the Year, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2015
- Named 2018 Lawyer of Year - Plaintiff - Medical Malpractice - Nashville, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2018
- Past President: Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association; Current President: Nashville Bar Foundation
Office location for Daniel Clayton
102 Woodmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Top listsTop 100: Tennessee Super Lawyers: 2007, 2010 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 Tennessee Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 Nashville Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2012 Nashville Super Lawyers
Certificates and credentials
Find me online
- @tonydlaw Thanks Tony!
- @habarcus Thank you Heidi!
- My dream that started in law school when I received the Medal for Excellence in Advocacy from the American College… https://t.co/Ayzwod6YFZ
- Will Cars Talk to Each Other One Day? » Daniel Clayton Law http://t.co/Gl2kzFvK
- Catastrophic brain injuries among student athletes on the rise http://t.co/NsTDwPZt
- Doctor Accused Of Leaving Newborn For Dead http://t.co/Ycjuo7cu