David S. Hagy
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Nashville, TN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2007, 2009
David S. Hagy is an AV-rated* attorney based in Nashville, Tennessee. His firm, the Law Office of David S. Hagy, PLC, primarily focuses on personal injury and business litigation, including complex class actions. Mr. Hagy is a dedicated advocate for individuals who have been injured by the wrongful conduct of others, and he is a knowledgeable and experienced business litigator who provides insightful representation to individuals, business owners and companies in breach of contract cases and other business-related matters.
Mr. Hagy's personal injury practice includes serious accident cases, workplace injuries, defective products, premises liability, law enforcement liability and alcohol-related injuries. His business litigation practice includes employment, contract cases, professional malpractice, consumer class actions and workers' compensation disputes. In all practice areas, Mr. Hagy offers zealous representation and a long record of success: in the past five years alone, he has recovered over $25 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Hagy's experience spans over 20 years. He began his career at Atlanta's largest law firm, King & Spalding, LLP, where he defended large manufacturing companies in high-stakes product liability cases. He joined plaintiffs' litigation firm Doffermyre, Shields, Canfield & Knowles, LLC, in 1998 and became a partner there in 2006. In 2008, he relocated to Nashville and opened his own practice.
Mr. Hagy is admitted to practice in Georgia and Tennessee and before both states' trial and appellate courts, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Courts for the Middle District of Tennessee and the Northern District of Georgia. He is a graduate of Duke University and Duke University Law School, where he received his Juris Doctor with honors in 1995.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Class Actions
- Super Lawyers: 2010, 2014 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2007, 2009
About David S. Hagy
First Admitted: 1995, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.hagylaw.com/david-s-hagy.html
- AV rating, the Highest possible rating under the Martindale-Hubbell
- Duke University School of Law, With Honors, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Nashville Bar Association
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Tennessee, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- Duke University, B.A. in Political Science, 1990
- Tennessee Recreational Activity Exception Spares Landowner from Liability in Motorcycle Crash: While visitors... https://t.co/ATWupyHmR2
- Tennessee Legislature Weighs Bill Regulating Lawsuit Financiers: One industry which has enjoyed an uptick in ... https://t.co/MkQQDqVwBA
- TN Supreme Court: Auto Accident Victim Allowed to Add Driver to Lawsuit Against Truck Manufacturer: A recent ... https://t.co/J2HvIXq9T5
- Courts Refuse to Hold Bar Liable for Injuries Arising from Patron’s Drunk Driving Accident: A Tennessee trial... https://t.co/74YvNF7VSE
- Lodge Visitor’s Fall Along Darkened Path Gives Rise to Premises Liability Suit Against Owner: A recent Tennes... https://t.co/GlhKkYoRIA
Last Updated: 5/15/2022