George D. Spanos
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Nashville, TN
An attorney at Rogers, Shea & Spanos, George D. Spanos divides his practice among family law, probate and estate administration, and estate planning. Located in Nashville, Tennessee, his client base encompasses Davidson and Williamson counties and the surrounding areas. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals for his successful track record and high degree of ethics, Mr. Spanos has received a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
In his family law practice, Mr. Spanos provides advice and counsel to people who are facing the end of their marriages and who are having to deal with such divorce-related issues as child custody and visitation, alimony, child support, and the division of business interests, retirement plans and other complex assets. He has extensive experience in advocating for his clients on these matters in front of a judge, although he often helps them seek resolutions through negotiations. Other family law matters that Mr. Spanos has handled have included adoptions, paternity disputes, and fathers' and grandparents' rights, and he also helps clients to obtain the enforcement of or modifications to existing orders.
Mr. Spanos also regularly prepares and reviews wills, irrevocable and living trusts, financial and health care powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents. His probate law experience has included the representation of both fiduciaries and beneficiaries.
Majoring in history and English, Mr. Spanos attended The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, and he received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 2005. He subsequently decided to pursue a legal education, and he returned to his home town and enrolled at Nashville School of Law. An active participant in several legal organizations, Mr. Spanos is a member of the board of directors of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association.
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Appeals, Business Formation and Planning, Partnership, Contracts
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2021
About George D. Spanos
First Admitted: 2013, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.helenrogerslaw.com/About-Our-Firm/George-D-Spano...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Williamson County Mock Trial Competition, Chair and Coordinator, since 2016
- Fred D. Gray Institute for Law, Justice & Society's Free Legal Clinic, 2017
- Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum, 2017 - 2018
- University of Tennessee, B.A., cum laude, Major: With honors, 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2013
- Williamson County Bar Association, Member
- Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court, Member
- Belmont Inns of Court, Secretary, Executive Committee, 2018 - 2019
- Tennessee Trial Lawyer's Association, Domestic Legislation Committee, Chair
- Nashville Bar Association, Member
- Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court, Executive Committee- Program Chair, 2017
- Williamson County Bar Association, Mock Trial Coordinator, 2017
- Tennessee Trial Association, Board of Directors
- Tennessee, 2013
- Nashville Bar Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Williamson County Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Tennessee Association for Justice, Board of Directors
- Belmont Inns of Court, Program Chair, Executive Committee, 2017 - 2018
- CLE PRESENTER "Confidentiality Agreements in Family Law Settings", CLE PRESENTER, "Confidentiality Agreements in Family Law Settings", 2019
- Co-Presenter, "Management or Negligence" Trust Presentation, April 2018
- CLE Presenter, "But I Saw in the Movies", April 2018
- Co-Author, Six Months or Six Days: When Can You File for Divorce in Tennessee?, Tennessee Bar Journal, Tennessee Bar Association, 2014
- Co-Author, Contracts Between Spouses, The Tennessee Trial Lawyer, The Tennessee Trial Lawyer Magazine, 2016
- Co-Author, More Contracts Between Married Persons, The Tennessee Trial Lawyer, The Tennessee Trial Lawyer Magazine, 2017
- 2nd Annual Co-Host, Domestic Law Forum, April 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022