Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Nashville, TN
- Free Consultation
Jim Higgins is a personal injury attorney and the founder of The Higgins Firm in Nashville, Tennessee. Mr. Higgins has over 28 years of experience and represents clients in Nashville and throughout Tennessee.
Mr. Higgins began his legal career working as an insurance defense attorney before switching his focus to representing injury victims and their families. His background provides him with knowledge and insight into how insurance companies approach injury cases, and he uses this knowledge to the benefit of his current clients as he works to obtain the best possible resolution to their situations.
In his personal injury practice, Mr. Higgins handles cases involving asbestos injury, car accidents, nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, medical device injury, truck accidents, workers’ compensation and wrongful death. Over his years in practice, he has recovered substantial amounts in verdicts and settlements.
Recognizing him for his many accomplishments, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum invited Mr. Higgins to become a member of the exclusive organizations. The Best Lawyers in America included him in its publication in 2018.
As an active contributor to his legal community, Mr. Higgins belongs to several professional organizations which allows him to maintain strong relationships with his colleagues. He is a member of the Nashville Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He also sits on the board of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association.
After graduating with honors from The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Higgins earned his law degree at the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law. He is licensed to practice law before the state courts of Tennessee, Georgia and Kentucky.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Jim Higgins
First Admitted: 1993, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.thehigginsfirm.com/jim-higgins.html
- University of Tennessee, Graduated with Honors, 1990
- Tennessee Association for Justice, 2001
- Nashville Bar Association, 1993
- American Association for Justice, 1999
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member and Board of Directors, 2021
- The Human Right Watch, a non-profit organization dedicated to exposing violations of human rights around the world, has recently released a study that indicates many nursing homes over medicate patients that suffer from dementia. In fact, the study revealed that almost 180,000 residents received antipsychotic drugs even though they didn’t have a diagnosis that would give them a need for the medication. Why? The study believe that the drugs were given to simply make it easier to control residents. A virtual chemical restraint that make “unruly” resident easier to care for. Unfortunately, this is a problem that we see all too often in our practice. The Higgins Firm has a dedicated nursing home neglect legal team and, in each case we do our best to uncover why the neglect occurred. We do this to help provide our clients answers and to prevent the behavior from occurring again. What we have discovered is that when bad Nursing Homes want to increase their profits they cut the number so staff to save on costs. In turn, the often over worked staff looks for short cuts to help them do their job since they do not have enough help. One unsettling yet common short cut is over medicating patients to make the job easier. , Gov. Study Reveals Epidemic of Over-medicating Residents in Nursing Homes, 2018
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Board Member Tennessee Trial Lawyers, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, https://www.bestlawyers.com/, 2018
- Mr. Higgins was admitted to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum in 2002 after resolving a tragic trucking accident case. He has had a significant number of additional qualifying cases over the years., Million Dollar Advocate Form, https://www.milliondollaradvocates.com/
Last Updated: 6/23/2022