Larry Hayes, Jr.
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Nashville, TN
Larry Hayes Jr. is a member of Jackson, Kweller, Hayes & Lewis located in Nashville, Tennessee. Providing advice and counsel to clients throughout the area for more than 20 years, he focuses his practice exclusively on family law matters, and he has represented numerous individuals, including entertainers and professional athletes, in high-profile divorce proceedings involving complicated property valuation and division issues.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Hayes attended Vanderbilt University, where he studied Civil Engineering. He then went on to attend St. John's College at the University of Oxford, England where he studied English and Parliamentary Government. He then obtained a a Bachelor of Arts in Business from Rhodes College in 1989. Following the completion of his undergraduate education, Mr. Hayes pursued his legal studies at both the University of Tennessee and Vanderbilt University, graduating cum laude in 1992.
During his career, Mr. Hayes has represented clients in many complex and contentious divorce cases, including several that have involved difficult multistate custody disputes and others that have presented intricate valuation issues as part of the property division determination. He has been certified as a mediator by the American Arbitration Association since 1994.
Dedicated to his profession, Mr. Hayes is a member of several legal organizations, including the American, Tennessee and Nashville bar associations. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. A sought-after lecturer, Mr. Hayes has frequently delivered presentations on family law topics to groups of fellow attorneys.
About Larry Hayes, Jr.
First Admitted: 1992, Tennessee
Pro bono/Community Service
- American Heart Association, 1989 - Present
- Tennessee Supreme Court, Board of Professional Responsibility, Member, Disciplinary Hearing Committee
- Nashville Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1992 - Present
- Tennessee, 1992
- Tennessee Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1992 - Present
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1992 - Present
- St. John's College, Oxford University, Oxford, U.K. - 1987, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Parliamentary Government
- Rhodes College, Memphis, TN, USA, 1989B.A., Honors: Dean's List, Honors: College Football All-American-Guard, 1988-1989, Honors: College Football Team, Captain & Most Valuable Player, 1988-1989, Major: Business Administration
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee, 1992
- Vanderbilt University, Civil Engineering - 1985
- Mediator, American Arbitration Association, 1994
- Author, Divorce Guide, Matrimonial And Family Law
- Guest Lecturer, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Family Law, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 1996 - 1999
- Guest Lecturer, National Business Institute
- Guest Lecturer, Tennessee Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, American National Lawyers Insurance Reciprocal
- Fourth Lawyer from Nashville and the Twelfth Lawyer from Tennessee to be Named a Fellow in the Esteemed American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2007
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007 - Present
Last Updated: 6/21/2022