Martin S. Sir
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Nashville, TN
Attorney Martin S. Sir is the founder and owner of The Law Office of Martin Sir & Associates in Nashville, Tennessee. A top-rated, award-winning attorney with more than 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Sir focuses his practice primarily on family law. He represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the Nashville metro area and all across Middle Tennessee who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Divorce, including military divorces
- Child custody, support and visitation
- Grandparents' rights
As family is the most important thing to him, Mr. Sir devotes his full attention on his clients' needs in order to help them protect their best interests and preserve their values. He has a strong conviction in his faith and his pursuit of justice, and he carries this conviction into his practice to provide the highest level of advocacy and support to those he serves.
Recognized for his exemplary professionalism and unwavering commitment to his clients, Mr. Sir was included in the Top One Percent list from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and the National Trial Lawyers voted him into the list of Top 100 Lawyers in the United States in 2015. He has also received Superb client ratings on Avvo along with the site's Clients' Choice Award for Divorce, and his law firm has earned an A+ rating from his local Better Business Bureau.
An honors graduate of American University, Mr. Sir obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1979. The Tennessee Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Sir is a member of the American Bar Association, the Tennessee and Nashville bar associations, the Tennessee Association for Justice, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. In addition to managing a successful legal practice, Mr. Sir also served as an elected member of the Tennessee House of Representatives, and he is heavily involved with his church, having served as president of his congregation.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Martin S. Sir
First Admitted: 1980, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.martinsirlaw.com/about-the-firm/martin-sir/
- American University, Honors: with honors
- A+ Rated on BBB, 2009 - 2013
- Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Nashville, TN, Super Lawyers, 2019
- 10.0 Superb Rated on Avvo
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award for Divorce, 2012 - 2014
- Top One Percent, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates, 2015
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Tennessee Association of Justice
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Tennessee
Last Updated: 6/24/2022