Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Nashville, TN
As the owner of Maniatis Law PLLC, Matt Maniatis focuses his practice on immigration and naturalization law, criminal defense, family law, and estate planning and probate law. He serves people living throughout Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Antioch, La Vergne, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Lebanon, Hendersonville, Goodlettsville, Madison, Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, Shelbyville, McMinnville, Springfield, Clarksville, and throughout Davidson, Rutherford and Williamson counties. Mr. Maniatis is able to assist English-speaking and Spanish-speaking clients.
In 2008, Mr. Maniatis graduated from The University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Arts in criminology. He went on to attend the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, receiving a Juris Doctor in 2011.
Representing people and families through all phases of the legal system, Mr. Maniatis handles cases involving an array of complex matters, including the following: all immigration court proceedings, filing for permanent residency and U.S. citizenship, immigrant visas, waivers of inadmissibility, asylum, DACA, U Visas, appeals, and more; the defense of DUI, drug crimes, assault, theft, robbery, driver license offenses, and other criminal charges; litigating family-related matters such as divorce, child custody and support; establishing wills, trusts and powers of attorney; and petitioning to probate a will or to obtain conservatorship or guardianship. Committed to providing comprehensive, compassionate legal counsel or mediation assistance, Mr. Maniatis works to understand his clients’ concerns and needs and to help them achieve their legal objectives. He has been named in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40.
Having a strong belief in giving back to the community, Mr. Maniatis volunteers his services with U.S. citizenship initiatives and local legal clinics. Staying active outside of the courtroom, he is a member of the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- 50%Immigration: Consumer
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 20%Family Law
Asylum, Naturalization & Citizenship, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Failure to Pay Child Support, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
About Matt Maniatis
First Admitted: 2011, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: http://www.maniatislawoffice.com/Attorney-Profiles/Matt-Mani...
- Mid-South Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
- Lead Counsel Rated Attorney in Immigration Law, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- Lead Counsel Rated Attorney in Family Law, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Top 40 Under 40 - Criminal Defense, National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, Certificate in International Legal Studies
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, Certificate in Civil Law and Common Law
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice, Immigration Division
Pro bono/Community Service
- AILA Military Assistance Program, 2017 - Present
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, 2012 - Present
- Tennessee, 2011
- Executive Office for Immigration Review, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2019
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member
- Nashville Bar Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- Tennessee Bar Association , Member, 2011 - Present
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (TACDL), Member, 2012 - Present
- University of OklahomaB.A., Honors: Dean’s List honor roll, Honors: Alpha Kappa Delta Sociological Honors Society, Member, Major: Criminology, 2008
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Citizens' Academy Graduate, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, 2019
Last Updated: 6/25/2022