J. Ryan Nordhaus
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Allen, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013
J. Ryan Nordhaus has been a practicing McKinney Divorce Lawyer since April 2003.
Mr. Nordhaus is a divorce and family law lawyer who is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – Family Law. Mr. Nordhaus did is undergraduate studies at Baylor University and received his Juris Doctor at Texas Wesleyan University School of Law. In addition, he received an L.L.M. in Taxation from the S.M.U. Dedman School of Law. Mr. Nordhaus is also a qualified mediator pursuant to rules promulgated by the Texas Family Code.
In 2011, 2012, and 2013 Mr. Nordhaus was selected by Super Lawyers Magazine (published by Key Professional Media) as a Texas Rising Star. This is an honor received by no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state.
As a McKinney divorce attorney, Mr. Nordhaus spends the majority of his time handling family law cases and matters ancillary thereto. His business and tax backgrounds offer clients a unique perspective in sophisticated property matters in divorces and when there are child support issues.
Mr. Nordhaus is an advocate for alternative dispute resolution and believes that a high percentage of contested cases can be resolved through mediation or informal settlement. Moreover, Mr. Nordhaus is trained in collaborative law and is prepared to handle collaborative law cases. Collaborative law is a unique solution for the right case. Not all cases fit into a single mold; therefore, while some cases may best be resolved through collaborative law, some cases may best be resolved through mediation, informal settlement or trial.
Mr. Nordhaus handles divorce and family law cases for clients all over including but not limited to McKinney, Fairview, Allen, Plano, Frisco, Denton, Dallas,
About J. Ryan Nordhaus
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.collincountyattorney.com/attorneys/j-ryan-nordha...
- Keeping up with Changing Practices, Laws and Strategies in Texas Family Law, Aspatore Books, Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in Texas, 2011
- "The UDRP is an International Scam, Domain Names"
- Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA, 1998 B.A. (Major: Management Information Systems and International Business)
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas, 2002 J.D.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 2005 L.L.M.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. Tax Court, 2003
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2005
- Board Certified - Family Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2012
- Ryan Nordhaus was voted the best Family Law Attorney in McKinney for 2013 by the readers of the McKinney Courier Newspaper., Best Family Law Attorney in McKinney, Readers of the McKinney Courier Newspaper, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022