J. Ryan Nordhaus
Top rated family law attorney in Allen, TexasWhitbeck Bennett
Board-certified for his immense knowledge in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, J. Ryan Nordhaus lends his service to clients seeking assistance in matters related to divorce, child support, child custody, mediation and collaborative law. He is a partner at the firm Whitbeck Bennett in Texas and represents the residents in and around Texas, including Dallas, Plano, Denton, McKinney and Fairview.
Majoring in management information systems and international business, Mr. Nordhaus received his bachelor’s degree from Baylor University in Waco in 1998. He obtained his doctorate in jurisprudence from Texas A&M University School of Law in 2002 and further pursued legal studies and earned his master’s degree in taxation at SMU Dedman School of Law in 2005.
Practicing law since 2003, Mr. Nordhaus litigates in several courts in the state of Texas, including the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Nordhaus served as an attorney in a few organizations before joining the current firm. With his background in tax and business, he is able to analyze things at a deeper level and offer comprehensive counsel to his clients in matters related to property division in divorce or child support issues. He is well trained in collaborative law and holds the firm belief that contested cases can be solved through informal settlement or mediation as well.
Voted as the Best Family Law Attorney in McKinney by the McKinney Courier-Gazette newspaper’s readers in 2013, Mr. Nordhaus was also included in the Top 40 Under 40 list by The National Trial Lawyers in 2014. He was rated as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Texas for three years by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. He holds a score of 9.5 on 10 on Avvo.
Mr. Nordhaus is a member of the American Bar Association, the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Collier County Bar Association and the McKinney Chamber of Commerce.
Practice areasFamily law, Civil litigation: plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Father's rights
- 90% Family law
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://wblaws.com/professionals/ryan-nordhaus/
- Keeping up with Changing Practices, Laws and Strategies in Texas Family Law, Aspatore Books, Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in Texas, 2011
- "The UDRP is an International Scam, Domain Names"
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2011-2013
- Voted the “Best Family Law Attorney in McKinney”, 2013
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- 10 Best Attorneys in Texas – 2015-2017, 2019, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- National Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award 2016, National Academy of Family Lawyers
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, 2014-2018, 2021-2022
- Ryan Nordhaus was voted the best Family Law Attorney in McKinney for 2013 by the readers of the McKinney Courier Newspaper., Best Family Law Attorney in McKinney, Readers of the McKinney Courier Newspaper, 2013
- Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA, 1998 B.B.A. (Major: Management Information Systems and International Business)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 2005 L.L.M.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2005
- U.S. Tax Court, 2003
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2005
- Texas Association of Family Law Specialists, Board Certified – Family Law, Texas, 2012
Office location for J. Ryan Nordhaus
5900 S Lake Forest Dr
Allen, TX 75013
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2018, 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013