Brian P. Heinrich
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Amarillo, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2006
A highly regarded civil litigation attorney, Brian P. Heinrich is a partner at Templeton Smithee Hayes Heinrich & Russell, LLP. From the firm’s offices in Amarillo, he represents clients throughout the Texas Panhandle. Mr. Heinrich majored in agricultural economics at Texas Tech University and received a Bachelor of Science summa cum laude in 1988. He remained in Lubbock for his legal education at Texas Tech University School of Law, and he was an editor of the Texas Tech Law Review and participated in moot court activities before obtaining his Juris Doctor magna cum laude and being inducted into the Order of the Coif in 1991.
A portion of Mr. Heinrich’s practice involves personal injury and wrongful death litigation. In this regard, he assists people who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties, and his cases have included gas pipeline explosions, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, defective products and medical malpractice. Mr. Heinrich has been able to obtain significant compensation for these clients through both jury awards and settlements that he has negotiated out of court with defendants and their insurance providers.
Other civil trial matters that Mr. Heinrich has handled have included contract breaches and other business disputes, cases involving breaches of fiduciary duties, eminent domain, and probate and trust litigation. His successful track record throughout his career has earned him a great deal of recognition from his fellow attorneys, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. Admitted to practice in Texas since 1991, Mr. Heinrich is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%General Litigation
- 30%Business Litigation
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Litigation, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2014, 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2006
About Brian P. Heinrich
First Admitted: 1991, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.templetonsmithee.com/attorneys/brian-p-heinrich/
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Amarillo Bar Association, President, 2013-2014
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Amarillo Bar Association, Member
- Amarillo Bar Association, Director, 2008-2009
- Named as Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine, 2006-2014
- Member of America's Top 100 Attorneys
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Named as Rising Star by Texas Monthly Magazine, 2005
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Board Certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization-Personal Injury Trial Law
- Texas Tech University, Bachelor of Science, Major: Agricultural Economics, Summa Cum Laude, 1988
Last Updated: 5/15/2022