Attorney T.J. Roberts is a partner and co-founder at Terry & Roberts, a law firm with offices in Pearland and Angleton, Texas, where he concentrates his practice on family law. Mr. Roberts has over a decade of experience handling many types of family law issues, including divorce, adoption, child custody, child support, domestic abuse, paternity and prenuptial agreements. He represents clients in Brazoria County and throughout Texas.
Understanding that a domestic-related legal issue is often stressful, Mr. Roberts provides personalized and compassionate service to each client. He has significant experience with complex divorce and asset division, providing careful, thorough, professional and assertive representation to protect his clients’ interests.
Born in Austin, Texas, Mr. Roberts earned a bachelor’s degree in political science and government from Austin College. He received his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law. While still in law school, he gained legal experience as a legal clerk for a district court judge. He was also named to the Order of Barristers, a national honorary organization for law students demonstrating high ability in brief writing, oral advocacy and trial advocacy.
Prior to co-founding Terry & Roberts, Mr. Roberts practiced at two law firms in the Lampasas, Texas area.
Mr. Roberts is a member of the Brazoria County Bar Association, the Williamson County Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He is qualified to practice before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Paternity
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2009, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://terryandrobertslaw.com/lawyers/tj-roberts/
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, 2009
- National Trial Lawyers Association, President
- Speaker/Presenter - Brazoria County Family Law CLE, 2018
- Brazoria County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Founder of the Brazoria County Family Law Bar Association, 2019
- Austin College, Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Government, 2006
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- Completed the National Family Law Trial Institute Trial College, 2017
- Child Protective Services Fall Banquet , 2012
- Lampasas City Council, Council Member, 2012
- Vice-Chair, The Board of Barristers
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars honoree by Thomson Reuters, 2019
- American Jurisprudence Award, Criminal Defense Clinic
- Board of Barristers, Board’s most outstanding member
- Order of Barristers, 2009
- Selected as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
Office location for TJ Roberts
203 E Cedar St
Angleton, TX 77515
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2024