Bruce A. Ashworth
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Arlington, TX
Based in Arlington, Texas, Bruce A. Ashworth is the founder of his own firm. Certified as a specialist in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, he focuses his practice almost exclusively on that area. With a client base residing throughout Tarrant County, Mr. Ashworth provides dedicated representation to people who are facing misdemeanor or felony charges that they have been handed by the state or federal government. The types of cases that he has been involved in have included driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, sexual assault, child pornography possession or distribution, online solicitation, drug possession and trafficking, theft, embezzlement, fraud, and other white collar crimes, weapons violations and domestic violence.
Mr. Ashworth's experience has not gone unnoticed by his colleagues, who have given him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Ashworth is admitted to practice before all Texas state courts. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. An active participant in several professional organizations, Mr. Ashworth's memberships include the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Tarrant County Bar Association. He holds a Juris Doctor from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Bruce A. Ashworth
First Admitted: 1982, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.bruceashworth.com/About/Bruce-Ashworth.shtml
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, Bachelor of Business Administration- 1978
Pro bono/Community Service
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Sustaining Charter Fellow
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Commission for Lawyer Discipline, Member
- Texas, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Master
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Arlington Bar Association, President, 1988 - 1989
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association, President, 1995 - 1996
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- AVVO lawyers rating of excellent
- BV Distinguished, Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., Martindale-Hubbell certification
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ receiving a 5.0 out of 5, Martindale Hubbell
- AV Preeminent, Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., Martindale-Hubbell certification
- Board Certified Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Last Updated: 5/15/2022