William L. Dismuke
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Arlington, TexasDismuke & Waters, P.C.
William L. Dismuke is a founder of Dismuke & Waters, P.C. From the firm's offices in Arlington, Texas, he provides representation to individual and business clients throughout Tarrant County. Admitted to practice in Texas, Mr. Dismuke is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the United States Tax Court. He has been certified as a specialist in both tax law and estate planning and probate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
A significant portion of Mr. Dismuke's practice involves estate planning and administration. He regularly prepares and reviews wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, health care and financial powers of attorney, and advance medical directives, in each case tailoring the overall estate plan to meet the specific needs and goals of his clients. Mr. Dismuke also assists clients when a loved one has passed away, guiding them through what is often a long and emotional probate process.
Mr. Dismuke helps business owners with the preparation of succession plans in the event that they retire, become incapacitated or die, and his knowledge of tax law allows him to help them structure a variety of transactions. His successful track record in all of the foregoing endeavors has earned him the respect of his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Dismuke attended Texas Tech University and received a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting and graduated with cum laude honors. After working as a public accountant and receiving his certified public accountant designation, he enrolled at Baylor University Law School, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Mr. Dismuke's professional affiliations include the Tarrant County Bar Association and the Dallas Bar Association, and he is active in his community as well.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Closely Held Business, Tax: Business
Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Tax Law
- 50% Estate Planning & Probate
- 30% Closely Held Business
- 20% Tax: Business
First Admitted: 1982, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://dw-law.com/attorneys/william-dismuke/
- North Davis Church of Christ, since 1977
- Board of Women’s Haven of Tarrant County, President, 1991
- Board of Women’s Haven of Tarrant County
- Board of Women’s Haven of Tarrant County, 1986 - 1993
- Board of Directors of the North Texas Community Foundation, 2010 to 2017
- Board of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Arlington since 2000
- Texas LexisNexis Practice Advisor Series Editor for Designing an Estate Plan and Trusts Practice areas
- Selected as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Professional of the Year by the Community Foundation of North Texas
- Certified in both Tax Law and Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Wills – Trusts-Probate, Real Estate, Taxation and Business Law Sections
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Dallas Bar Association, Business, Probate, Taxation and Estates Section, Member
- United States Tax Court
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Trusts and Estate Planning Section, Member
- American Bar Association
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A. in accounting with cum laude, 1977
Office location for William L. Dismuke
2000 East Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX 76006
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023