Artie A. Pennington
Top rated intellectual property attorney in Austin, TexasHunt Pennington Kumar PLLC
Artie A. Pennington is an attorney and founding partner of Hunt Pennington Kumar PLLC in Austin, Texas. Mr. Pennington handles matters involving business, consulting, contracts, estate planning, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, probate and trademarks. He serves clients in the Austin, Killeen, San Antonio and Temple areas.
Additionally, Mr. Pennington is a registered patent agent and patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He is licensed to practice law before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas. In his law practice, he works with many different technologies, including computer architecture, databases, graphics, medical devices, optics, software and wireless communications.
Before entering legal practice, Mr. Pennington spent two decades working in business management and software development and consulting. Once he became an attorney, he focused his practice on patent law, including portfolio development, patent litigation and prosecution, and licensing disputes.
His diverse professional background allows Mr. Pennington to provide dedicated and competent legal service and representation to his clients. He has established himself as a respected and competent attorney within the Texas legal community, capable of serving a wide variety of legal needs.
Mr. Pennington holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Mississippi State University. He earned his law degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. In addition to his law practice, he enjoys contributing to his legal community through pro bono work. He regularly volunteers with Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Business/corporate, Estate planning & probate, Intellectual property litigation, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Civil litigation: defense
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration
- 20% Intellectual property
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 20% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
First Admitted: 2014, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://hpkdlaw.com/attorney-profile/artie-pennington-esq/
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Mississippi State University
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Federal District Court, Texas Northern District
- U.S. Federal District Court, Texas Western District
- U.S. Federal District Court, Texas Southern District
- U.S. Federal District Court, Texas Eastern District
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- USPTO Registration Patent Agent, 2009
- USPTO Registration Patent Attorney, 2014
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas., 2022
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas., 2021
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2020
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2019
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2018
Office location for Artie A. Pennington
609 Castle Ridge Rd.
Austin, TX 78746
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023