B. Ross Pringle, Jr.
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Austin, TexasWright & Greenhill PC
B. Ross Pringle Jr. joined the Austin, Texas, firm of Wright & Greenhill PC in 1988 and is now its president and managing shareholder. Focusing his practice exclusively on civil litigation, he represents area insurance companies, businesses, nonprofit corporations, employers, schools and individuals in cases involving whistleblower actions, defamation, construction defects, premises liability, breach of contract and employment disputes. Although he regularly provides defense counsel in these types of matters, he has also represented plaintiffs in civil litigation.
A native of Texas, Mr. Pringle graduated in 1983 from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Business Administration. He then attended Texas Tech University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1987. While in law school, he was the research editor for the Texas Tech Law Review. Admitted to practice in Texas, Mr. Pringle is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas. His professional memberships include the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Austin Bar Association and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Inc.
His accomplishments and reputation as a dedicated advocate have earned Mr. Pringle the respect of his fellow members of the legal profession, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV-Preeminent* peer reviewed rating through Martindale-Hubbell. One of the notable cases he has handled was one in which he acted as lead attorney in a civil fraud lawsuit filed against a generic drug manufacturer. The cases resulted in a settlement in favor of his clients exceeding $270 million. Mr. Pringle has been equally as successful as a defense attorney with favorable verdicts in cases involving employment disputes, first-party bad faith claims, invasion of privacy, defamation and other civil litigation matters.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCivil litigation: defense, Business litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Alternative dispute resolution
Employment discrimination, Employment law - employer, Mediation
- 50% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 1987, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.wrightgreenhill.com/About/B-R-Pringle.shtml
- Unversité de Nice, France, 1981
- Texas Tech University, J.D., 1987
- Texas Tech University, B.A., 1983
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 1983
- Research Editor, Texas Tech University Law Review
- Outstanding Editor, Texas Tech University Law Review, 1986 - 1987
- Doe v. San Antonio ISD, 197 Fed.Appx. 296 (5th Cir 2006)
- Pringle v. Moon, 158 S.W.3d 607 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2005)
- Fletcher v. Blair, 874 S.W.2d 83 (Tex. App.—Austin 1994)
- Ysasaga v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co, 279 S.W.2d 858 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2009)
- Blacklock Prescription Center, Inc. v. Lopez-Guerra, 986 S.W.2d 658 (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi 1999)
- U.S. v. Hatchett, 923 F.2d 369 (5th Cir 1991)
- Villegas v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., 10 S.W.3d 380 (Tex. App.—Austin 1999)
- Rosales v. State Farm Mut. Auto Ins. Co., 835 S.W.2d 804 (Tex. App.—Austin 1992)
- Texas Super Lawyer® magazine (a ThomsonReuters publication), 2015 - 2016
- Austin Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, 1995 - 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2002-present
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyer Committee, 1993 - 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1989
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, 1989 - Present
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Little League Baseball Coach
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Scoutmaster, Boy Scout Troop 28
- AMERICAN BOARD OF TRIAL ADVOCATES
- Texas Association Of Defense Counsel
Office location for B. Ross Pringle, Jr.
4700 Mueller Blvd
Austin, TX 78723
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022