Brian J. O'Toole
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Austin, TX
As a partner at Griffith Davison, P.C. provides legal counsel and representation to people living in Austin, Texas and surrounding counties such as Hays, Williamson, Bexar and others. He focuses his practice in the areas of business litigation and administration law, handling cases that typically involve issues such as shareholder or partner disputes, real estate litigation and contract disputes.
After earning a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting from The University of Oklahoma and obtaining a CPA license, Mr. O'Toole decided to enter into the field of law. He attended Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and graduated with a Juris Doctor. While attending law school, he was the editor for The SMU Law Review.
With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. O'Toole understands the challenges that businesses face, and he has the tools to navigate them through a range of legal matters. He is admitted to practice law in the state of Texas. Mr. O'Toole is also board-certified in civil trial by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, giving him the knowledge and experience to assist clients with issues involving businesses and business owners, creditors and debtors, deceptive trade practices and real estate.
In addition to his vast experience with assisting clients in and out of the courtroom, Mr. O'Toole also worked as a certified public accountant before attending law school. He uses this knowledge, and the experience he gained at the two law firms he worked with prior to starting his own practice, to offer his clients superior legal skills. Mr. O'Toole is committed to helping clients achieve the best possible outcomes in their situations. He does this by working closely with clients to understand their goals and needs, and then keeping them informed as their cases progress.
- 60%Business Litigation
- 10%Administrative Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Real Estate: Business
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Civil Trial Law
About Brian J. O'Toole
First Admitted: 1991, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.griffithdavison.com/attorneys/brian-j-otoole/
- Find out how my depth of experience can work in your favor. Read about some of my representative cases.
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Texas Department of Banking
- The Racing Commission
- The Texas Lottery Commission
- The Texas Public Utility Commission
- The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Board Certified - Civil Trial, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2011
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Editor, Southwestern Law Journal, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1991
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A. in Accounting, 1981 - 1986
Last Updated: 5/15/2022