C. Brooks Schuelke
Top rated personal injury attorney in Austin, TexasSchuelke Law Firm, PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Business litigation, Medical malpractice; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1995
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Schuelke Law Firm, PLLC3011 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78705 Visit website
C. Brooks Schuelke is a personal injury attorney at Schuelke Law Firm, PLLC, in Austin, Texas. He has over 25 years of experience practicing law and represents clients in legal matters such as wrongful death, auto accidents, premises liability, workplace accidents, medical malpractice and legal malpractice. He serves clients in Austin and throughout the state of Texas.
Mr. Schuelke is a fierce and tireless advocate for innocent injury victims and their families. He takes on each case with a genuine concern and aggressively defends his clients’ rights. He is dedicated to bring about a fair and equitable resolution for his clients’ legal matters.
Before studying law, Mr. Schuelke graduated with a BBA from the University of Texas Business Honors Program. He obtained his Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Texas School of Law. He has been a member and an active participant in the Austin Young Lawyers Association, the Austin Bar Association and the Texas Young Lawyers Association.
Enthusiastically engaging in pro bono work, Mr. Schuelke is an active volunteer with Seedling Foundation, an organization that arranges mentors for children whose parents are in prison. He has been mentoring children for the past 11 years. Mr. Schuelke, along with his wife, helped establish the First United Methodist Church Pickle Elementary book sale. In this program, they collect and distribute books to children in Pickle Elementary, and he has personally distributed over 50,000 books so far.
For his exceptional service, Mr. Schuelke has received many accolades and endorsements from his peers. He is AV Preeminent* rated by Martindale Hubbell and was president of the Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association and served on its executive committee for many years. He has written extensively and has authored many articles about litigation. He is also an ardent speaker and has spoken in several prominent organizations and given continuing legal education seminars throughout the state and country.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Business litigation, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Business litigation
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.civtrial.com/about-our-firm/
- Austin Under 40 Awards -- One of 5 finalists in the law field, 2009
- Award for commitment to provide legal services to the poor, Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2008
- AV Rating, www.martindale.com, 2005
- University of Texas Business Honors Program, (BBA), 1992
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2013-2014
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee, Capital Area Trial Lawyer's Association. I have served on the executive committee from 2009 to the present
- President of the Capital Area Trial Lawyers' Association, 2013
- I have been active in Austin Bar Association (formerly Travis County Bar Association) activities. The efforts have included serving on the legislative affairs committee (which monitors Texas legislation affecting the civil justice system), serving on the Habitat for Humanity committee, volunteering to mentor at-risk youth, and doing voir dire demonstrations for high school students.
- Former Member --- Injuryboard.com Advisory Board
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association - Secretary, 2011
- Member of AAJ, Texas Trial Lawyer's Association, and Capital Area Trial Lawyer's Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, Vice President, 2012
- Judge Joe Hart Award from Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, 2008
- Finalist (1 of 5), Austin Under 40 Awards, 2009
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motions Claims After Brainard, Author, Journal of Texas Insurance Law, 2011
- Teaching lawyers across the country about legal malpractice litigation, Faculty of Solo Practice University, solopracticeuniversity.com/, 2009
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims - Point and Counter-Point, speaker, Speak at State Bar of Texas 9th Annual Advanced Insurance Law Course, 2012
- UM/UIM Update, Speaker, Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association CLE, 2015
- speaker, iPad In Trial, Permian Basin Trial Lawyers' Association CLE, 2015
- Speaker, Avoiding Legal Malpractice Claims, Hays County Bar Association CLE, 2016
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims, speaker, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Dallas Car Wrecks Seminar, 2018
- speaker, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Houston Car Wrecks Seminar, 2018
- webinar speaker, Tips To Avoid Ethical Violations And Malpractice Claims, www.attorneycredits.com, 2018
- webinar speaker, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims: Nuts and Bolts, www.attorneycredits.com, 2018
- speaker, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims After Brainard, El Paso Trial Lawyers Association CLE, 2009
- speaker, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims After Brainard, Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association CLE, 2010
- speaker, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims After Brainard, South Plains Trial Lawyers Association CLE, 2013
- speaker, iPad in Trial, South Plains Trial Lawyers Association CLE, 2016
- District Lay Leader - Capital District of the United Methodist Church. For the last several years, I have been the elected district lay leader helping oversee the 50+ United Methodist Churches in the Austin and Central Texas area. My responsibilities have included setting strategies for the district and its churches and helping implement mission projects of the district. This has included me overseeing the district's partnership with a school, health clinic and churches in the West African nations of Guinea and Liberia. I have travelled to Guinea and Liberia to help start this work, and we have hosted the Liberian representative in our home in Austin, 2018
- Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve, Board of Directors, President
- United Methodist Church Capital District Lay Leader
- First United Methodist Church Pickle Elementary Book "Sale"
- Justice For Our Neighbors-Austin, Board Member
- Justice For Our Neighbors-Austin, Founder
- Free Store Austin, Board Member
- Free Store Austin, Founder
- Graduate of Leadership Austin, Class of 2005-2006
- I am a founder and current board vice-chair of Common Good Community Development, Inc. This non-profit's work includes overseeing Free Store Austin (a "store" dedicated to creating community and kinship between persons of very different backgrounds) and Hope Food Pantry., 2018
- Regularly provide pro bono legal services through Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas., 2018
- I am a founder and board member of Justice For Our Neighbors - Austin Region ("ARJFON"), which provides free or low cost legal services to immigrants. I was one of three founders who started ARJFON in 2012. Today, we have multiple staff attorneys and legal assistants and serve immigrants throughout Central Texas. In 2018, we understand we were the first organization to help reunite a family split up by this year's family separation crises., 2018
- Volunteer Mentor through the Seedling Foundation, which provides mentors to children whose care-givers are incarcerated. I have been a mentor for 11 years, 2018
- Premises Liability Case - represented a tenant who suffered a brain injury when she slipped and fell at her apartment complex. I settled this case for $620,000, with the client receiving a net of $345,735.72, 2016
- Dog attack verdict -- I took this case despite the defendant not having insurance because of the defendant's history of reckless conduct with his dogs. I tried the case in October of 2018. After a four day trial, the jury rendered a verdict for the plaintiff, 2018
- Car wreck case --- Settled a claim for $950,000.00 with the client receiving a net of $567,258.03, 2017
Office location for C. Brooks Schuelke
3011 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78705
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023