Christopher M. Perri
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Austin, TexasChris Perri Law
The founder of Chris Perri Law, Christopher Perri focuses his practice on both active and post-conviction criminal defense matters. Based in Austin, Texas, he provides aggressive and effective representation to clients throughout Travis County and across the state. Mr. Perri has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2005, and he has also been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Perri attended Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, majoring in economics and graduating in 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts. After obtaining his Juris Doctor from The University of Texas at Austin in 2005, he subsequently pursued further studies in economics at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and in 2010, he was awarded a Master of Arts in that discipline.
Mr. Perri’s client base is comprised of people who have been accused by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. He also represents those who believe they were wrongfully convicted and are seeking to overturn their conviction through appeals and writs of habeas corpus. The types of charges his clients have faced include driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, domestic violence, theft, burglary, drug possession and trafficking, white collar crimes such as money laundering and embezzlement, sexual assault, homicide, and more. Mr. Perri has been able to obtain positive results on his clients’ behalf, including the overturning of convictions, jury and bench acquittals, charge dismissals, and the negotiation of plea bargains with the prosecution. This successful track record has earned him a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo along with several other honors and awards, including being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and selected as a Top Attorney by Austin Monthly Magazine.
To learn more, visit www.chrisperrilaw.com.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Appellate, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Criminal domestic violence, Appeals, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 40% Criminal defense
- 20% Appellate
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 2005, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.chrisperrilaw.com/about
- 15 Dec. 2020, “How to Help a Friend Facing DWI Charges in Travis County.”, Do512.
- 5 Sept. 2014, “Does An Old Arrest Show Up on a Criminal Background Check? What's Best to Do After a Case Gets Dismissed”, Austin Chronicle: The Common Law
- 3 Oct. 2014, “Expunction for DWI Arrest? Texas Law: Obtaining an Expunction.”, Austin Chronicle: The Common Law
- 4 Sept. 2016, “How Making a Murderer Exposes America's Flawed Jury System.”, Austin American-Statesman
- 24 April 2020, “Because of COVID-19, It’s Less Safe Behind Bars. Here’s How Federal Prisoners Can Petition to Get Their Sentences Reduced.”, Austin Chronicle
- 14 May 2020, “The Trial of Joe Biden in the Court of Public Opinion.”, Jurist News
- 6 June 2020, “Know Your Rights When Interacting with the Cops.”, Do512
- 29 July 2020, “Austin’s Marijuana Laws: Explained.”, Do512
- 11 Oct. 2020, “A Word Every Longhorn Should Know: Expunction.”, The Daily Texan
- 31 July 2020, “We Should Reimagine the Legal Process to Overturn Faulty Convictions.”, Austin American-Statesman
- 14 Oct. 2020, “Know Your Voting Rights.”, Do512.
- 20 Nov. 2020, “What the “Green Wave” Might Mean for Texas.”, Do512.
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2014 to 2019
- Member, Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Texas NORML
- Graduated from the University of Texas School of Law with a J.D. degree, 2005
- Graduated from the University of Illinois-Chicago with a Master's Degree in Economics, 2010
- Graduated Southwestern University with a B.A. in Economics, 2002
- Excellence in Public Interest Award, Texas Law Fellowships, 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the Region, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- One of the Top Criminal Defense Trial Attorneys
- 2021 Texas Rising Stars List, 2021
- Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
Office location for Christopher M. Perri
1304 Nueces Street
Austin, TX 78701
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2021
Find me online
- These kind words from a former client mean so much to us. If you're going through a hard time, we're here to help. https://t.co/PqNgaY2maz
- You can donate to his family here: https://t.co/SsmrRqoU2u https://t.co/HJKnPrfTy5
- It is nothing short of heartbreaking and infuriating that our broken criminal justice system has taken yet another… https://t.co/0y8hmZjDhL