Hunter T. Hillin
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Austin, TX
- Free Consultation
An attorney at Hillin Law, Hunter T. Hillin represents clients in the state of Georgia in personal injury matters related to birth injuries. His focus is on insurance bad faith, consumer protection and catastrophic birth injuries, including central nervous system injuries and oxygen deprivation. During his long, successful career, he has recovered millions of dollars for his clients to help his clients adjust to their new reality after a difficult and complicated birth or injury.
In 1983, Mr. Hillin graduated cum laude from the University of Texas at Dallas. He then moved on to law school at Southwestern University School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor. In 2003, he graduated from the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College. Throughout his career, he has represented clients in Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois and Vermont.
Mr. Hillin is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Oklahoma Bar Association and is admitted to practice in Oklahoma, Georgia and Texas. With the help of trusted specialists throughout the country and local experts, he works extensively to obtain a fair verdict or settlement to hold the responsible parties liable for the things that changed the lives of his clients.
As lead counsel of a lawsuit against Gwinnett Medical Center, he obtained a record-setting verdict of $13.9 million for a family whose child was deprived of oxygen during birth. Those who are suffering from the consequences of another individual or organization’s poor choices turn to Mr. Hillin for peace of mind, clear communication and a legal mind that has been tested through almost four decades of experience.
Additional Office Locations:
3151 Maple Dr. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
12225 Bee Cave Road
Austin, TX 78738
- 60%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Insurance Coverage
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Bad Faith Insurance, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Hunter T. Hillin
First Admitted: 1986, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://hillinlaw.com/attorney-hunter-hillin/
- University of Texas at Dallas, cum laude, 1983
- Graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, 2003
- Georgia, 2019
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 2004
- Oklahoma, 2002
- Texas, 1986
- Georgia Bar Association, 2019
- On January 25th, Hunter Hillin of Hillin Law, PLLC in Austin, Texas won a verdict of $13.9 million dollars as lead trial counsel against Gwinnett Medical Center in the greater Atlanta, Georgia area, based on a claim that during labor, medical personnel failed to intervene and rescue a baby who was experiencing oxygen deprivation for two hours prior to birth. This was the largest medical malpractice verdict ever in the history of Gwinnett County., 2013
- Mr. Hillin reached a multimillion dollar confidential settlement in a medical malpractice case., 2018
- In 2017 alone, Mr. Hillin recovered $16.8 million in settlements. These are gross settlement amounts, and attorney fee and expenses were deducted as they are in all cases when determining the net amount to be recovered by his clients. Net recoveries to clients in 2017 totaled $9,086,482.57., 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022