J. Scott Milner
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Austin, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2018
When it comes to giving clients a variety of options to suit their family law needs, J. Scott Milner is known throughout Austin, Texas, and the surrounding areas as an effective and compassionate attorney. Board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Milner has extensive experience handling all family law matters, including divorce, custody disputes, child support, property division, modifications, prenuptial agreements and paternity issues. He is known among his team at Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC, as an attorney who takes time to thoughtfully address each client's concerns before building a strong case.
After graduating from Texas A&M University, Mr. Milner received his Juris Doctor from the University of Texas School of Law. While in law school, he edited the university's Review of Litigation publication and gained experience as a law clerk for the Travis County District Attorney's office and a local law firm. His experience includes handling cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
As a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Mr. Milner has had the opportunity to speak at various seminars on the topic of family law. He was elected as a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation in 2011. He belongs to the Travis County Family Law Advocates, the Austin Bar Association, the Williamson County Bar Association and the Austin Young Lawyers Association.
When not helping others with their family law matters, Mr. Milner enjoys the outdoors, endurance sports and spending time with his wife and three children.
About J. Scott Milner
First Admitted: 2005, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.fmltlaw.com/our-firm/attorney-profiles/j-scott-m...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Legal Services Legal Clinics: Scott is a regular volunteer attorney at the weekly clinics put on by Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas which provide free legal advice and direction to those who's income level would not otherwise allow them access to such advice, 2006 - 2012
- Director, Founding Member, Cosmopolitan Rotary Club of Austin
- Member, Texas A&M Capitol City Club
- Member, Young Men's Business League
- Austin Bar Association - Adoption Day Committee, 2010 - 2012
- Member, Williamson County Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association - People's Law School Committee, 2010 - 2012
- Member, Travis County Family Law Advocates
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2011
- Fellow, Top 1/3 of 1% of Texas Attorneys, Texas Bar Foundation, 2011
- Texas A&M University
- Board Certified in Family Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2010
- Presentation at the Family Law Essentials Seminar on the details of various employment plans and benefits and how to effectively deal with the issues they present in divorce., Presenter, Exploring Employment Plans and Benefits and Drafting QDROs, 2010
- Presentation at the Family Law Essentials Seminar on how to effectively represent a child custody client in a cost-effective manner., Presenter, Trying the SAPCR Case on a Shoestring, 2011
- Editor, Review of Litigation, University of Texas School of Law
- Assisting in Child Custody Disputes, Advanced Family Law Practice for Paralegals, September, 2009
- Introduction to Divorce Law, Law Review CLE Seminar, 2012
- Characterization and Tracing, Family Law Essentials Seminar, 2009
- Presentation at the Family Law Essentials Seminar focusing on evidentiary issues in family law., Presenter, Getting it In and Keeping it Out - A Family Lawyer's Guide to Evidentiary Rules, 2008
- Article and Lecture for the Advanced Family Law Practice for Paralegals Seminar on how to provide effective paralegal assistance in child custody disputes, Author & Presenter, Assiting in Child Custody Disputes, 2009
Last Updated: 5/15/2022