Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Austin, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2012, Jamie Kerr is a partner at Powers and Kerr, PLLC. He focuses his practice exclusively on family law matters, and he represents clients throughout Travis County from the firm’s offices in Austin.
For his undergraduate studies, Mr. Kerr attended Rice University in Houston, majoring in psychology and earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2000. For the next nine years, he worked in the field of education, and he counseled students on the preparation of applications to colleges, universities and graduate schools, including law school. Mr. Kerr then decided to pursue a formal legal career, and he enrolled at The University of Texas at Austin School of Law. While he was there, he worked at the school’s domestic violence and criminal defense clinics, and he also served an internship with the Travis County District Attorney’s Office. Mr. Kerr was awarded his Juris Doctor degree in 2012, and he has been with his current firm since October of that year.
Mr. Kerr’s family law experience is broad, and much of his caseload is devoted to assisting people who are going through divorces. He provides them assistance with parenting time, spousal and child support, and the division of marital assets and debts, helping them reach an accord on these matters through negotiations when possible and advocating on their behalf in court when litigation is necessary. Mr. Kerr has also helped victims of domestic violence in their quest to obtain protective orders against their abusers, and he has prepared and reviewed prenuptial and postmarital agreements. He holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Jamie Kerr
First Admitted: 2012, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.powersandkerr.com/attorney-profiles/jamie-kerr
- Rice University, Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, 2000
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2018
- Avoiding Social Media During a Texas Divorce https://t.co/swDGegxx6Q
- Education Costs and Other Issues in a Texas Divorce https://t.co/mpbqxA8icb
- What Expenses Should Child Support Be Used For? https://t.co/3CQDILSEie
- Financial Issues to Consider in a Second Marriage https://t.co/JHzpqISyP5
- Types of Co-Parenting Choices After a Texas Divorce https://t.co/8qQ7E5ZzbE
Last Updated: 5/15/2022