Jay L. Winckler
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Austin, TexasWinckler & Harvey, PLLC
As a partner with Winckler & Harvey, PLLC, in Austin, Texas, attorney Jay L. Winckler focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and medical malpractice law, helping those adversely affected by another party's negligence or wrongdoing obtain the finances they need to support themselves and their families in the wake of a preventable injury or loss.
Serving clients throughout Texas, Mr. Winckler fights hard to protect the rights and entitlements of those he serves, and he has achieved notable success securing substantial awards and settlements on behalf of his clients.
Certified as a trial specialist in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and having more than 35 years of legal experience, Mr. Winckler possesses the skills and resources necessary to handle the demands of any client's case regardless of how complex or challenging.
Over the course of his career, he has earned a reputation for his aggressive trial advocacy and examining every part of a case in order to develop the strongest strategy possible to achieve the positive results his clients expect and deserve.
In recognition for his service and professionalism, he holds an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he is widely regarded as one of the top personal injury lawyers in the country. He is also a life fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation.
A 1978 graduate of the University of South Dakota, Mr. Winckler obtained his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from The University of Texas School of Law in 1981. He also practices before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas.
A consummate professional completely committed to his practice, Mr. Winckler is a member of several local, state and national bar associations, including the American Association for Justice, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, among others.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Birth injury, Animal bites, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury
First Admitted: 1981, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.wincklerharvey.com/Attorneys/Jay-Winckler.shtml
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Capitol Area Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Travis County Bar Association, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 1998-Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- American Association for Justice, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2003
- VerdictSearch’s Top Texas Verdicts (Janice Temple v. James Hansen, MD; and Angela and Robert Gibson v. Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.), 2010
- Best Lawyers in America, Woodward White, Inc. Peer-Review Publication, 2009-2018
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2011-2018
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas' Best Lawyers, Woodward White, Inc. Peer-Review Publication, 2009-2018
- "AV" Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota, B.A., Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Honors: Phi Eta Sigma, Honors: Full Academic Scholarship as a Presidential Alumni Scholar, 1978
- Board Certified, Trial Specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Certification
Office location for Jay L. Winckler
6836 Bee Cave Rd
Building 3, Suite 333
Austin, TX 78746
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2022