Top rated family law attorney in Austin, TexasCofer & Connelly, PLLC
With extensive knowledge in personal injury, Jeffrey Connelly is an Austin, Texas, lawyer with a strong trial background. He is a partner at the law firm of Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, and comes from a family of many lawyers. His work involves representing clients who are victims of:
· Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
· Slip-and-fall accidents
· Sexual assault and rape
· Negligent security
· Criminal shootings
· Domestic violence
Apart from personal injury, Mr. Connelly’s experience has extended to family law. He handles cases related to divorce, child custody and support, spousal maintenance, high-asset divorce and complex property division.
Mr. Connelly began his higher education by earning his Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and French from The University of the South in 2008. He later pursued his legal education at the Georgia State University College of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2012. He participated in the Linz Austin Summer Program in commercial arbitration at Johannes Kepler University Linz.
An erstwhile prosecutor of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Connelly is licensed to practice in all the state courts of Texas and Georgia. His other professional admissions include the Supreme Court of Texas, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the U.S. District Courts for the North and Middle Districts of Georgia.
The National Trial Lawyers recognized Mr. Connelly’s contributions by naming him in the Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers list in 2020. He also won The Austin Chronicle's “Best of Austin” Award in 2021 and 2022. He won the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award and was named in the Georgia Trend's Legal Elite.
Mr. Connelly is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Austin Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the American Bar Association, the Austin Young Lawyers Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, and is a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.
Focusing his efforts on serving the community, Mr. Connelly frequently volunteers to provide services to the people in need. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Hill Country Conservancy, a nonprofit that preserves vital natural resources.
Practice areasFamily law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 50% Family law
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.coferconnelly.com/about-us/jeffrey-connelly/
- Choice Award, Avvo Client's
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite, 2015
- As a prosecutor with the Fulton County DA's office, I tried a case before a jury that returned a guilty on all count verdict in under 30 minutes. The DA gave me a "Clock Award" for the accomplishment, Clock Award - Jury Verdict Returned Under 30 Minutes, 2016
- The District Attorney awarded me with a Trial Division Leadership Award, Trial Division Leadership Award, 2017
- National Trial Lawyers 40 under 40 in Civil Plaintiff Litigation, 2020, 2020
- Johannes Kepler University in Linz Austin Summer Program in Commercial Arbitration, 2010
- IAU Aix-en-Provence, France School of Humanities, 2006
- Sewanee: The University of the South, BA with Honors (Philosophy and French), 2008
- Admitted to State Bar of Georgia, 2012
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the North District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Texas
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas, 2018
- Serve on Board of Directors of the Hill Country Conservancy , 2022
- Member, Shoal Creek Conversancy Headwaters Circle (2021-Present)
- Fellow of Texas Bar Foundation
- I serve as the Governance Chair of the Violet Crown Trail Stewardship Council, a group of governmental and private partners tasked with creating and maintaining an approximately 30-mile multijurisdictional trail that will ultimately extend from Barton Springs in Austin south into Hays County.
Office location for Jeffrey Connelly
602 W 11th St
Austin, TX 78701
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023