Jon Michael Smith
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in Austin, TX
An attorney at Jon Michael Smith, Jon Michael Smith handles personal injury cases, consumer and commercial law, insurance claims and collections for clients in Travis County. He has over two decades of experience in dealing with insurance claims that have been denied wrongfully, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Smith is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in consumer and commercial law. In 1987 he graduated from Abilene Christian University with a Bachelor of Arts before attending law school at The University of Texas School of Law. There he earned his Juris Doctor in 1991 and was admitted to practice in the state of Texas.
Along with Texas state courts, Mr. Smith is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. During his career, he has handled hundreds of claims successfully for policyholders.
A member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, he is also a member of the consumer and insurance sections of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Bar Foundation, the Austin Bar Association and the Travis County Bar Association. With extensive experience in litigation, Mr. Smith is devoted to minimizing the personal tragedies that are compounded by an insurance denial.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Insurance Coverage
- 20%Consumer Law
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Insurance, Bad Faith Insurance, Consumer Protection, Fraud, Appeals, Collections, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Jon Michael Smith
First Admitted: 1991, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.jonmichaelsmith.com/attorney/jon-m-smith/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Travis County Bar Foundation
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member, 2007 to Present
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell’s peer review rating system
- Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas, B.A., 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2001
- American Board of Trail Advocates, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance Section
- State Bar of Texas, Consumer Section
- Austin Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1999
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1993
- Consumer & Commercial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2001
- Pre-existing condition clauses and disability https://t.co/eNN365hAK7
- Three reasons why your claim may be delayed https://t.co/WaIDLnrVP1
- Why your uninsured motorist claim may be denied https://t.co/Yk7ogXj0sq
- What should I do if my health insurance claim is denied? https://t.co/L37eQ3CTpE
- The ERISA claim and appeal process https://t.co/Mut8NxAPiW
Last Updated: 5/18/2022