Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Austin, TexasMcMinn Law Firm
Practice Areas: Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2007
Education: Texas Tech University School of Law
McMinn Law Firm502 West 14th Street
Austin, TX 78701 Visit website
Attorney Justin McMinn is a partner with McMinn Law Firm in Austin, Texas. Nationally recognized as one of the leading trial advocates in his region as well as the entire country, Mr. McMinn has achieved significant success fighting for the rights and entitlements of clients throughout Central Texas who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of an accident caused by someone else's negligence.
Throughout the course of his legal career spanning more than 16 years, Mr. McMinn has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his clients who have personal injury or wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, slip-and-fall accidents and other avoidable tragedies. Among his most recent notable successes, he obtained an award of more than $2.9 million for the victim of a school bus accident and a $1.3 million settlement for a passenger severely injured in a drunk driving accident.
Honored for his success, Mr. McMinn has earned consistent recognition from The National Trial Lawyers as among the Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers in the United States. In addition, the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys voted him a Top 10 Under 40 in South Texas in 2017-2018, and Trucking Trial Lawyers named him a Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyer in Texas in 2019. He has also received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
As a result of his unwavering commitment to his clients, Mr. McMinn has also received "Superb" 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with the site's Top Contributor award for 2015. Moreover, he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his area during their most dire times of need and assisting them with obtaining the justice they deserve.
A 2003 graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, Mr. McMinn obtained his Juris Doctor from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2007. He is an active member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Texas Young Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations, and he supports his local community through his involvement with various civic and charitable organizations.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2007, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.mcminnlaw.com/about/justin-mcminn/
- Principles of Insurance Contracts
- Defining Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
- Pregnancy During a Personal Injury Accident
- Texas Motorcycle Law Lane Splitting
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 for 2017, 2018
- Top 10 Under 40 in South Texas by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA), 2017-2018
- Top Contributor for 2015
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 for 2017, 2018, 2019
- Highest Avvo Ratings 2016
- Rising Star of TX, Super Lawyers, 2013-2019
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 in Texas
- Member, Silver Spurs Alumni Association
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyer in Texas 2019 List
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers”, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Alumnus of the Texas Kappa Alpha Order
- University of Texas, Bachelor’s Degree in Government
- Member, Lake Hills Church in Austin, Texas
- Member, Capital Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- School Bus Crash, settled for $2,950,000, 2020
Office location for Justin McMinn
502 West 14th Street
Austin, TX 78701
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2021
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Excellent hard-working young plaintiff's lawyer.”