Top rated family law attorney in Austin, TexasPowers & Kerr, PLLC
Kayvon Rashidi is an attorney at Powers and Kerr, PLLC. Fluent in Farsi as well as in English, he devotes his practice to family law matters from the firm’s offices in Austin, Texas. Mr. Rashidi joined the firm in August 2020, and he has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2016.
Mr. Rashidi handles a wide variety of family law cases for his clients in Travis County and its surrounding areas. A significant portion of his practice is centered on the divorce process and its related legal issues of child and spousal support, property division, and custody and visitation, which is often referred to as possession and access in Texas. Whenever possible, Mr. Rashidi helps his clients reach an accord on some or all of these matters through negotiation or mediation sessions, but if talks are unproductive, he advocates on their behalf in family court.
Mr. Rashidi also assists people who have already gotten a divorce and who are attempting to have existing support or parenting court orders modified or enforced. Other family law matters that he has worked on have included adoptions, the preparation and review of prenuptial and postmarital agreements and the obtaining of orders of protection for clients who have been the victims of domestic violence.
Mr. Rashidi is a frequent contributor to the firm’s blog on such topics as gray divorce and the importance of prenuptial agreements for business owners. A graduate of the University of Michigan, he obtained his legal education at The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, where he was the executive editor of the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law before receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 2016.
Practice areasFamily law
Divorce, Marital property
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2016, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.powersandkerr.com/attorney-profiles/kayvon-rashi...
- 2019 and 2020 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Pi Sigma Alpha- National Political Science Honors Society, Member
- Lawyers of Distinction – Family & Divorce, 2017
- UT Law Professional Development Institute: Prepared for Practice, Spring 2014
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts Program, Member
- The University of Michigan – B.A., English, B.A., Political Science, 2013
- Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law, Executive Editor
- State Bar of Texas, 2016
- State Bar of Texas-Family Law Section, Member
- Austin Bar Association- Family Law Section, Member
- Williamson County Bar Association, Member
- Austin Young Lawyers Association: Member, Austin Bar Leadership Academy 2017, Board of Directors 2018-2020
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member
- American Civil Liberties Union, Member
Office location for Kayvon Rashidi
6034 W Courtyard Dr
Austin, TX 78730
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023