Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Austin, TX
Kell Simon is the founder of his own law firm located in Austin, Texas. Certified as a specialist in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, he focuses his practice exclusively on that area. Mr. Simon provides dedicated representation to people throughout the state who have found themselves in disputes with their employers. He has extensive experience in discrimination claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act and similar statutes.
Mr. Simon also has experience in litigating violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act, and he provides advice and counsel to whistleblowers who have been wrongfully terminated or otherwise retaliated against. He also negotiates executive compensation, confidentiality and severance agreements on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Simon is a graduate of St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland, from where he received a Bachelor of Arts in 1992. He subsequently obtained his legal education at New York University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1997. Mr. Simon started his career at an Alabama law firm, where he spent several years practicing employment law before eventually relocating to Austin. He founded The Law Offices of Kell A. Simon in July 2014.
Mr. Simon is admitted to practice in Texas, Alabama, and the District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas, the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
1 Riverway #1700
By Appointment Only
Houston, TX 77056
17304 Preston Road #800
By Appointment Only
Dallas, TX 75252
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 50%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
About Kell Simon
First Admitted: 1997, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.kellsimonlaw.com/About/Kell-A-Simon.shtml
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas and with Art from the Streets.
- St. John's College, Annapolis, MD
- Board Certified - Labor & Employment Law
- National Employment Lawyers Association; Texas Employment Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022