One of the founding partners of Deyerle Silva Smith, PLLC, Austin, Texas, Kody C. Silva is an experienced litigator with over a decade of experience. Focusing his practice on family law, he is committed to providing compassionate legal services to individuals, families and grandparents residing across the state. He assists his clients with divorce, child custody, child support, premarital agreements, LGBTQ+ family law matters and protective orders.
An Avvo 10/10 rated attorney, Mr. Silva has earned the respect and trust of both his clients and peers alike. Driven by an unwavering commitment to set things right in individuals’ lives and help them see the light at the end of the tunnel, he fearlessly tackles cases every single day, whether simple or complex. His dedication to his work extends beyond just providing legal counsel to his clients. He strives to be a friend, more than just a legal professional, ensuring that they are heard throughout the legal process.
Majoring in psychology and sociology, Mr. Silva earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and later his Juris Doctor degree from Baylor University Law School. After graduating law school in 2011 and obtaining his bar license first in Texas (2011) and in the District of Columbia (2012), he worked in the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia and later as an associate attorney at a renowned private law firm before returning to Texas.
Honoring his work, the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys named Mr. Silva one of the Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys included him in their 10 Best Family Law Attorneys list.
Practice areasFamily Law
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Father's Rights, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2011, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://dssfamilylaw.com/team/kody-c-silva/
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas in 2011
- Austin Family Law Section Member
- Travis County Bar Association
- Austin LGBT Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Texas
- District of Columbia Bar, 2012
- President of the Baylor Public Interest Law Society
- Baylor Innocence Project
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Competition
- Interscholastic Client Counseling Competition
- University of Nebraska, B.A. with Honors in Psychology and Sociology with a minor in Political Science, 2008
Office location for Kody C. Silva
3410 Far W Blvd
Austin, TX 78731
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2024