Ms. Jones has been resolving family law matters, including complex financial issues, custody and visitation concerns, and immediate and long reaching ramifications of settlement provisions for more than 25 years. Ms. Jones's long-standing focus has been in all aspects of collaborative divorce, family law and mediation. Ms. Jones is a Director of Collaborative Divorce Austin and the Women's Law Section of the Williamson County Bar Association. Ms. Jones was elected as a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, a mark of distinction and recognition as selection is limited to one-third of one percent of all Texas attorneys per year.
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://maryjonesfamilylaw.com/when-where/
- Maintained highest level of continuing legal education hours for 10 years, being named a Fellow in 2014, and maintaining this high level of commitment to the study of law continuously each year thereafter., Fellow of the College of the State Bar of Texas, College of the State Bar of Texas.
- 40-hour Basic Mediation Training Certification, 2001
- Member Inns of Court of Williamson County Texas, 2019
- Board Member Collaborative Divorce Austin, 2018
- Member Inns of Court of Williamson County Texas, 2020
- Board Member Collaborative Divorce Austin, 2016
- Board Member Collaborative Divorce Austin, 2017
- Board Member Women's Law Section of the Williamson County Bar Association, 2020
- Board Member Collaborative Divorce Austin, 2019
- Board Member Collaborative Divorce Austin, 2020
- Board Member Women's Law Section of the Williamson County Bar Association, 2019
- Video created in conjunction with Collaborative Divorce Texas for the state-wide site, and my firm's website., What is my superpower as a collaborative attorney?, 2020
- Fellow of The College of the State Bar of Texas continuously since 2004, evidencing her commitment to maintaining the highest levels of performance and professionalism, most especially in the study of the law. , 2020
- Women's Law Section of the Williamson County Bar Association: served as board member and assisted in coordinating, organizing and sponsoring the annual Adoption Day, Winter Coat Drive, fund raisers for a local teenage program through The Georgetown Project, as well as organizing and coordinating bi-monthly continuing legal education lunch seminars.
- Academy 4: served as a mentor for a fourth grader for the past two academic school years with this program that develops leadership skills with fourth graders. This is a program that connects churches to schools and communities, by providing a monthly mentorship program with an entire 4th grade class in a particular elementary school in Texas.
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023