Michael G. Rodriguez
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Austin, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012, 2015
As a managing partner at the Austin, Texas, office of Munck Wilson Mandala, Michael G. Rodriguez advocates for clients in the courtroom and behind closed doors. He handles cases that involve technology and intellectual property law issues such as due diligence, trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, domain names, unfair competition and restrictive covenants.
As a former registered engineer, Mr. Rodriguez has a deep understanding of many of the issues his clients face. Additionally, he is an officer with the U.S. Navy Reserves who has earned a number of commendations for his actions in active duty. His tireless work ethic and industry-specific knowledge combine to deliver exceptional representation to his clients.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Rodriguez has counseled and represented clients from a number of industries, including telecommunications, pet care, electronics, food service, retail, energy and vehicle manufacturing. In every case, he provides people with his undivided attention and a commitment to seeing their case through from start to finish.
Latino Leaders Magazine has named Mr. Rodriguez as a Top Latino Lawyer.
In 1991, Mr. Rodriguez received a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University. He then attended the Texas A&M University School of Law, earning a Juris Doctor in 2005. While there, he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society.
Mr. Rodriguez is a member of the Texas Aggie Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association and the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, he is a fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation.
- 100%Intellectual Property
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012, 2015
Articles about Michael G. Rodriguez appearing in Super Lawyers
About Michael G. Rodriguez
First Admitted: 2005, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.munckwilson.com/attorney/michael-g-rodriguez/
- Licensed Professional Engineer (inactive) in the state of Texas
- Aggie Bar Association
- DivInc, Austin accelerator for diverse entrepreneurs, Mentor
- Con Mi Madre, Mothers and Daughters Raising Expectations, member
- Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Texas, 2005
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Enforcing Your Patent Portfolio: Tips to think about before enforcing your patents; Michael Rodriguez and Kelly Chen, Inside Counsel, June 3, 2014.
- Perfecting Patent Portfolio Management in the 21st Century; Michael Rodriguez and Jacob LaCombe, Inside Counsel, April 8, 2014.
- The Sword and the Shield: Building an offensive and defensive patent portfolio; Michael Rodriguez and Wallace Dunwoody, Inside Counsel, May 6, 2014.
- Setting Your Business up for Success: Building a strong IP portfolio; Michael Rodriguez and Michael Phipps, Inside Counsel, May 20, 2014.
- Patent Prosecution Best Practices Discussion -After Final Practice and the associated success of each. The USPTO categorizes a Final Rejection as a “disposal.” However, for patent practitioners, this is just another phase of prosecution requiring a decision point. What are the general approaches to responding to a Final Rejection and what is the success rate of each approach? That is, should Applicant file 116 amendments, pre-appeal, interview, RCE, appeal, or file with a petition for After Final. , Discussion Leader, www.cailaw.org/Institute-for-Law-and-Technology/Events/2014/intellectual-property-law.html, 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Texas A&M University, 1991
- Naval Justice School - Legal Officer Course, 2002
- Professional Engineer (Texas-inactive), 2001
- Moot Court Honor Society while attending Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas., Moot Court Honor Society, 2005
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2012, 2015
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2015 – 2019
- Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class of 2017
- Top Latino Lawyer 2016-2019, Latino Leaders Magazine
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Deployed to Iraq as an Assistant Operations Officer with Task Force Sierra, Joint Operations TaskForce, in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM. Awarded Army Commendation Medal for outstanding service as a Naval Officer., 2005
- Deployed to Afghanistan with Task Force Overlord as Liaison Officer to the ISAF Joint Command (IJC). Awarded Naval Commendation Medal for outstanding service and actions., 2011
- 🎉MWM congratulates Aaron Dilbeck for being recognized by @BestLawyers for his work in commercial and securities… https://t.co/WZsZWkeHwo
- That’s a wrap on another highly successful @BlackTieDinner! MWM is proud to sponsor the event each year, and we cel… https://t.co/WzhrchO9tp
- Allison is a #litigation associate and part of MWM's litigation team. In her spare time, Allison is an avid philant… https://t.co/66mmaDLLbY
- MWM’s @JosieLeinart spoke at the @UnivMiami on name, image and likeness (NIL) laws and trends in #college sports. S… https://t.co/IZJ1S9p2L9
- 🎉It’s official - we've opened a South Florida office! We are excited to be a part of this thriving #tech-focused re… https://t.co/O088PvSRBr
Last Updated: 5/15/2022