Nathan L. Kennedy
Top rated family law attorney in Austin, TexasGray Becker, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family law, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2006
Nathan L. Kennedy is a Texas board-certified family law specialist, working at the Gray & Becker, P.C., law firm in Austin, Texas. He helps clients in Austin and throughout Central Texas with all areas of family law, probate law and estate planning, appellate law and business litigation matters.
With a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent* rating, Mr. Kennedy is acknowledged by his peers and opponents as a highly professional and knowledgeable attorney. He is immensely respected among the legal community for his dedicated legal services, and he is known to be an honest and understanding attorney among his clients. Avvo has rated him “Superb,” and he has been listed among Austin's Top Attorneys in 2020 by the Austin Monthly magazine.
Staying up to date with his legal circle, Mr. Kennedy maintains active professional memberships in the following associations:
- The State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- The Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- The Travis County Family Law Advocates
- The Texas Family Law Foundation – lifetime member
Obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree from the Texas State University – San Marcos in 2000, Mr. Kennedy went on to work as a case manager for adults with developmental disabilities. He then decided to study law and enrolled at the Texas Southern University. While there, he served as an executive editor of the Thurgood Marshall Law Review, an Honor Court prosecutor and as a research assistant. In 2006, he earned his law degree magna cum laude as one of the top 5% of students in his class and he was licensed to practice in Texas the same year.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, General litigation
Divorce, Marital property, Litigation
- 60% Family law
- 40% General litigation
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.graybecker.com/attorneys/nathan-kennedy/
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating – AV – Preeminent
- Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas, B.S. – 2000
- Texas, 2006
- Member, Travis County Family Law Advocates
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Lifetime Member, Texas Family Law Foundation
- Member, Poverty Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member - Board of Directors, Caring Smiles Foundation, 2010
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
Office location for Nathan L. Kennedy
900 West Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
Certificates and credentials