R. Louis Bratton
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Austin, TexasThe Bratton Firm, P.C.
Since 1983, the focus of R. Louis Bratton's practice has been representing victims and families in accident injury and wrongful death claims. Mr. Bratton has assisted victims in all of the identified practice areas, in Courts throughout the State of Texas. He is licensed to practice in all Federal Courts in the State of Texas, as well as in the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Bratton has argued cases before most of the Courts of Appeals in the State of Texas, the State Supreme Court and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Bratton is a fifth-generation Austinite. His grandfather was a physician in the Austin area for over 60 years and his former partner and late father, Barham Bratton, practiced law in Austin for over 40 years. The Bratton Firm has an excellent reputation in the community, serving clients and handling cases that justice demands be prosecuted. The firm takes cases on a state-wide basis. Mr. Bratton has also prosecuted cases for clients in nearby states.
Board Certification R. Louis Bratton is a Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer and has been so since 1989. Additionally, he has written and graded portions of the state wide Board Certification Examination. It is his strong belief that Plaintiffs should look for and hire a Board Certified attorney.
R. Louis Bratton brings knowledge, compassion, dedication and Board Certification to the investigation and prosecution of your case.
In addition, R. Louis Bratton provides turnkey third-party liability subrogation services for clients nationwide.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, General Litigation
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://brattonfirm.com/About/R-L-Bratton.html
- Fundraiser and Volunteer, Austin Achieve - Currently supporting a new initiative of building of an elementary school.
- Volunteer, West Austin Youth Association - For much of that time I have been on the Board of Directors and/or an Officer, 1979 - Present
- Board of Directors, The Arc of the Capital Area, 2006 - Present
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Texas, 1983
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Division of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), Past Co-chair
- State Bar of Texas
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1983
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Personal Injury Trial Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Southern Methodist University - B.A. With Highest Honors, 1980
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2018
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2018
- Past Co-chair
- Texas Division of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
Office location for R. Louis Bratton
1100 B Guadalupe Street
Austin, TX 78701
- Super Lawyers: 2011, 2013 - 2023