Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Austin, TX
Sanjeev Kumar is an attorney and founding partner of Hunt Pennington Kumar PLLC in Austin, Texas, where he practices in the areas of business, estate planning, intellectual property, probate and trademark law. He represents clients in the Austin and San Antonio areas.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Kumar spent decades working in the technology industry. He co-founded a semiconductor startup business and worked with electronic device and development, embedded system software and system architecture design. He has vast experience with business and technology management, which is an asset in his role as a practicing attorney.
In his intellectual property law practice, Mr. Kumar deals with technologies including computer architecture, firmware, graphics, network communication, software and storage technologies. He strives to always provide the highest quality of legal services to his clients, achieving their legal goals and negotiating solutions in their best interest. Over his legal career, he has successfully negotiated and mediated many major transactions.
Mr. Kumar earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur, India. He received his law degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law. He also holds a master’s degree in electrical engineering from Tulane University.
Upon law school graduation, Mr. Kumar passed the Texas bar examination and obtained his license to practice law before all Texas state courts. Additionally, he is qualified to appear before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He previously served on the State Bar of Texas Computer Law & Technology Council. He enjoys contributing to his local community and is a former elected member of the City of Lakeway, Texas.
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
- 20%Intellectual Property
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Closely Held Business
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law, Arbitration, Mediation
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Sanjeev Kumar
First Admitted: 2013, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://hpkdlaw.com/attorney-profile/sanjeev-kumar-esq/
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Serving as the elected member of the City of Lakeway since May 2019
- State Bar of Texas, Computer & Technology section Council - eJournal Editor, 2020
- Council Member, Computer & Technology Section of State Bar of Texas, 2019
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Tulane University, 1990
- Bachelor of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 1986
- Registration with United States Patent and Trademark Office as Patent Attorney, 2016
- Mediation of partnership dispute between business partners, 2019
- Representation of technology client in patent litigation, 2020
- Representation of owner on sale of franchised business, 2019
- Seller's representative in a multimillion-dollar sale of business transaction, 2018
- Negotiated a increased value for sale of minority ownership interest from $350,000 to $575,000, 2020
- Negotiated an increase from already agreed $600K to $1M acquisition value for a client, 2019
- Negotiated a $3.3M M&A transaction for a client, 2018
- Business Law
- Computer & Technology
- Estate Planning
- Small Business
- Wealth Preservation
Last Updated: 5/15/2022